Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaimaroo

Cetaphil vs Cerave. Help?!?

My skin breaks out and I am looking to get a new cleanser. I was told to get either Cetaphil or Cerave. They are both gentle and all that good stuff. I want to hear opinions of people who have either used these products or are using them.

I am thinking about getting Cerave. I am now debating between the lotion or the cream as a moisturizer. How do I know which one will be better for my skin type? Refrain from telling me to use google or another type of search engine, I have already done that. No info was found.

My skin type is best described as combination I suppose. My T-zone gets dry. However, my cheeks and forehead can get oily, which I hate. The type of acne that I have is, I usually get two or three pimples a month. Usually they are inflamed, red, and painful. Since I am female, the acne tends to get worse around "certain" times. I am also on birth control. My diet is pretty good, so I dont know what else to do.

Any info on either products would be great.

Thank you.

I have used cerave's cleanser. It was weird... It almost like didn't come off after rinsing, left a residue on my face. I also think it broke me out. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Cetaphil though.

I don't have experience with the CeraVe cleanser, but I never liked Cetaphil. It left a nasty film on my face and I think it contributed to my clogged pores.

I also wanted to recommend NOT using either CeraVe moisturiser. They both contain comedogenic ingredients.

Also - moving this to the appropriate section of the messageboard.

Cetaphil lotion made me break out, so I switched to CeraVe a couple of years ago and I love it. I use Purpose cleanser.

Dont get either 1 you should use raw african black soap and pure unrefined shea butter do your research on them they have so much benefits for your skin... Fuck that chemical bullshit from cetaphil and cerave

I've used both, and I prefer CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. Cetaphil has a very thin consistency which I don't like, but CeraVe is thicker and feels more like a face wash. Also, CeraVe leaves my skin feeling really soft but also a little bit dry. Other than the consistency I feel like they both are about the same. It's a personal preference.