Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jenn.white87@yahoo.com

Advice QUICK have derm appt in one hour

So, I have had acne before when I was 14. I was put on accutane, and never have had it since...Now. I am 22. I have been getting acne on my back, chest, shoulders, and face now since August. I have tried birth control, I am on minocycline, acanya gel for my face, and benzoyl peroxide for my body. The minocycline worked for about 6 weeks. I am now 8 weeks in and my chest is breaking out again! I have told the derm that Accutane was the only thing that has worked for me in the past. I have been down the antibiotic road, the topicals, etc... They didnt want to give it to me, bc its not in their words "scarring acne." I wished they would have listened to me in the first place. Not only are the antibiotics not working sufficiently anymore, I am now getting yeast infections. What should I do or say thats going to make a difference today? I am tired of battling this AGAIN! Its seriously taken a toll on my self esteem.

i had the same problem but they said i could go on accutane in 3 mouths time if skin not clear and i thought that was bad.i had clear skin after accutance for 7 years but it come back in august like you.I was taking vit pill with botin in and i wonder if that may of bought it back.I have been on Lymecycline for 4 weeks now and nothing has happened.when you were on antibodies when did your skin start to clear?

i had the same problem but they said i could go on accutane in 3 mouths time if skin not clear and i thought that was bad.i had clear skin after accutance for 7 years but it come back in august like you.I was taking vit pill with botin in and i wonder if that may of bought it back.I have been on Lymecycline for 4 weeks now and nothing has happened.when you were on antibodies when did your skin start to clear?

Well, it started to clear about 4 weeks in... But its NEVER been pimple free. None of it. I often ask myself, if I wasnt on Mino, Acanya, Benzoyl wash, and birth control, how bad would this be?!?! In the past week it has gotten bad on my chest. My back and face still look the same. I dont know how much more begging, pleading, and crying I can do. I have tried to look past it and accept it, but thats EXTREMELY hard. I cannot do it. Its a constant reminder. And my clothing options are slim to none. I have stopped working out. I have told them I want my life back. I want to feel comfortable in my skin again. We will see.

Alright just got back from the derm and pleaded again for accutane. Got the ipledge today, starting January 11, 2010. Any advice? I am going to use all my acne treatments until then. This will be my second course of Accutane. Did my 1st as a teenager.

I 2 have stop working out! Email any time if your feeling low as i think we both feeling the same and sometimes a understanding ear helps. Am going back to my gp to see if i can beg my derm to put me on accutane .I just hope they are understanding