Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Am on my fiftn week and nothing yet has happened except i got IB on the fourth day.When should i except some inprovement ?

I was just about to come on here and ask something similar but may as well use this thread.

I've been on Doxycycline for 4 weeks now and nothing seems to be happening at all besides me still breaking out. Is that normal for 4 weeks in? Also, my skin is still really oily. I just don't want to be taking antibiotics for weeks and weeks if I'm not going to see a significant improvement in my skin. If my skin was improving I wouldn't mind so much about the potential long term health risks.

Ideally, I don't want to persist with the Doxycycline if I haven't seen a decent improvement after two months. At what point do people think I should throw in the towel?

junior11, I have never tried Lymecycline so can't comment but our scenarios are nearly identical all be it with different antibiotics.

I took Lymecycline for 6 months (I have also taken other antibiotics in the past) and it took a good 3 months before I saw any difference. For me, the most success I have had with antibiotics was when I was taking minocycline. I was on it for 9 months (under the derm) and I was clear for about 8 months after.

The Lymecycline worked a little bit for me but it did take 3 months to see an improvement but I still wasn't happy (so I'm on accutane now).

It might be worth sticking it out a little while longer but I think everyone reacts differently.

Good luck to you both!

Lymecycline didnt help me,mainly because my acne was far too bad for an antibiotic to combat. If your acne is mild-moderate, id say try and wait around 6months for it to help. If not try another antibiotic,the second antibiotic i was on worked a little bit better, erythromycin.

iv just started lymecyline so im hoping it does somehting! i know it can take several months to do something. 4 weeks isnt long enough, give it another month or two. the ocp was the same.

i think it may be possibly getting slightly better, i dont know whether its due to the topical stuff because its only been like a week! or im hoping its not just a momentary betterness followed by a downhillness. hopefully somethings working.

I was on it for about 6 months and it did help a lot you've got to stick with it. But then for some reason it gave me a rash all over my body and my lips and eyes went all fat! so i had to stop taking it :( my spots are coming back.....

Hi there,

Been on lymecycline for over a year now, just wanted to say it took a fair bit of time for me to see an effect (i'd say 2 months) ... had beautiful and clear skin for around 6months, completely spot free which amazed me haha, then went on the pill and instantly cocked it all up :confused: but getting better now lol.

Just give it a bit of time pet, im sure it doesn't work for all but it has been great for me....

Hi there,

Been on lymecycline for over a year now, just wanted to say it took a fair bit of time for me to see an effect (i'd say 2 months) ... had beautiful and clear skin for around 6months, completely spot free which amazed me haha, then went on the pill and instantly cocked it all up :confused: but getting better now lol.

Just give it a bit of time pet, im sure it doesn't work for all but it has been great for me....

Its working now.Just like you my acne got better at eight week and 10 weeks on back

i must have been on it for nearly 2 months now and not seen any improvement, iv got acouple more weeks till i go back to the docs so if nothings happnd by then she said i could change antibiotics i think, but then id have to wait another couple of months for them to work, grrrr.