Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JooK

Years to work

I just wanted to kind of mention to people that its taken my face nearly 3 full years of Dans regimen to get used to the product.

If I stop using it, my face will become terrible with white heads, cysts and bloody scabs.

Its been clear after the first 8 months, but only gradually has it become so that I use a generic cetiphil gentle cleanser, DK treatment and NO moisturiser..

Yeah.. no moisturizer, its not necessary for me anymore... About 8 months into the regimen my face would peel like crazy, I wouldn't be able to smile or yawn without tons of moisturizer on my face, regardless of humidity and season. I was clear 90%, but flaky as hell, and the left over skin would cause more break outs.

About 2 years into the regimen I noticed I only needed to use moisturizer in the winter. Now, I don't need to use it for summer or winter.

A question though... Has Dan's products changed over 3 years that much to the point in which I don't even need moisturizer?

Edited by JooK

I just wanted to kind of mention to people that its taken my face nearly 3 full years of Dans regimen to get used to the product.

If I stop using it, my face will become terrible with white heads, cysts and bloody scabs.

Its been clear after the first 8 months, but only gradually has it become so that I use a generic cetiphil gentle cleanser, DK treatment and NO moisturiser..

Yeah.. no moisturizer, its not necessary for me anymore... About 8 months into the regimen my face would peel like crazy, I wouldn't be able to smile or yawn without tons of moisturizer on my face, regardless of humidity and season. I was clear 90%, but flaky as hell, and the left over skin would cause more break outs.

About 2 years into the regimen I noticed I only needed to use moisturizer in the winter. Now, I don't need to use it for summer or winter.

A question though... Has Dan's products changed over 3 years that much to the point in which I don't even need moisturizer?

the only thing I can think of is that your face has become use to the BP drying or whatever. I remember when I first use BP like 3 years ago, I would need to use moisturizer all the time when I apply BP but since last year I have been using BP without the moisturize and my face never really feels dry,peels or get red anymore but sometimes when it gets really cold and dry during the winter time, I may use a lil bit of moisturize. Everybody will always react differently between different treatments or ingredients. Hope that helps