Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
assassin.

How I Cured My Oily Skin.

This is the regimen to oil free skin. Each day have just the following:

Meal 1

3 egg whites , cucumber slices, & a multivitamin.

That's it.

Try it out and thank me later.

I'd rather have acne than do that.

Yes, you're probably right...

This diet is hella brutal but it works.

If you were so willing you could have 2 meals, maybe 3 of the aforementioned.

Guest DireStraits

this thread deserves to be pinned.

lol. Short term, I think fasting would actually be easier than following this diet. I know from experience because when i fast as soon as I start eating again the hunger comes back 10x worse. That's only like 60 calories a day. But i guess you've got to eat something to take the multivitamin with.

I'd rather have acne than do that.

Yes, you're probably right...

This diet is hella brutal but it works.

If you were so willing you could have 2 meals, maybe 3 of the aforementioned.

I've lost about 25 pounds in a month or so. My hair is still intact.

Gee, thanks.

These replies are ridiculous.

What's so 'brutal' about this? It's just 3 egg whites, cucumber slices and a multivitamin!

Even if it was taken raw, no big deal!

Why the hell would you want acne, over doing something so simple.

This isn't going overload, if you overdose (2-3 times the RDI of vitamins) on vitamins (that's MULTIPLE pills in a day) then you will lose your hair etc.

Seriously people.

If it works for him/her then congrats. It's don't think it'll help most of us though, it's too simple.

you aren't being serious, are you? Please tell me you aren't.

What's brutal about this is that you'll probably die. That's pretty brutal.

I'm serious. Okay, maybe you can eat that meal more than one time; ideally no more than 3 times. Sure, you'll be hungry all the time and craving a lot of negative foods, but if you can make this diet a habit and don't succumb to temptation your sebum will soon start to decrease. This is obviously because of the extremely low calorie diet, complete lack of any carbohydrates, and non-existence of any real fat and cholesterol. This will easily put the body in ketosis, forcing it to use fat (unfortunately some muscle as well) for energy.

These replies are ridiculous.

What's so 'brutal' about this? It's just 3 egg whites, cucumber slices and a multivitamin!

Even if it was taken raw, no big deal!

Why the hell would you want acne, over doing something so simple.

This isn't going overload, if you overdose (2-3 times the RDI of vitamins) on vitamins (that's MULTIPLE pills in a day) then you will lose your hair etc.

Seriously people.

If it works for him/her then congrats. It's don't think it'll help most of us though, it's too simple.

Living with acne > Dead with clear skin.

Wake up and see that you will rot away with that diet.

Packerfan785: 'Living with acne > Dead with clear skin. Wake up and see that you will rot away with that diet.'

I'm not endorsing it, it's not 'healthy' in my view but remember, he's downing three egg WHITES a day - not cyanide tablets or 100,000 IU of vitamin A.

I've known bodybuilders and even someone I know, drink raw eggs for breakfast and they're not dead. It was actually in Men's Health's December edition for males to get 131 protein a day through 3 eggs (cooked obviously)

So how you can assume one can die from a multivitamin, cucumber slices and a few eggs is beyond me.

You should all be reading the other vitamin a overdose thread instead of this one.

Sorry, I just get really worked up at arguments that aren't logical, so I should be at this thread. However, this topic is far from 'crazy'.

Edited by Brissyguy

I wouldn't exactly endorse this diet either, but if you're doing it and it's working, and you feel fine, then that's fantastic. "Probably die" LOL.

There are other ways to enjoy life other than food.

There is no reason for hairloss either. Healthy skin generally means healthy hair.

So how you can assume one can die from a multivitamin, cucumber slices and a few eggs is beyond me.

I think the problem that is concerning to everyone is that this is all that he is eating. 3 egg whites, some cucumber and a vitamin supplement.

That's it. Nothing else all day long. It's just not healthy nor feasible in the long run to keep up such a restricted diet.

^^^^^^^^^

Exactly. It's not what he's eating that concerns me, it's how much. That is not enough to support the human body for long.

^^^^^^^^^

Exactly. It's not what he's eating that concerns me, it's how much. That is not enough to support the human body for long.

Losing 25lbs in one month is not good on the body at all.

Ok. Actually, for the most part, I don't eat that meal just once a day; I typically eat it 3 times a day and my oil has still decreased drastically.

First of all, the specific foods you are eating in your diet (egg whites, cucumber slices, multivitamin) doesn't have anything to do with your lack of sebum production. It's just the fact that your calorie intake falls far far below your BMI. You probably produce a lot less earwax and piss as well as less sebum, am I correct?

This diet doesn't work because you can only lose so much weight before it affects your health; you will have to start eating at you BMI levels soon and your sebum production will start again immediately when you do.

Also, if you are a male, being very skinny is quite unattractive and probably regarded on the same level as having a face full of acne, so this sort of takes out the point of this diet.

For a short-term solution of stopping acne, however, this method is great. For example, when I do chemical peels I can't put any BP on my face, so I just cut out my eating by 90% to stop acne from forming for a couple days while my face heals, until the BP can go on again.

Edited by Beautiful Day

First of all, the specific foods you are eating in your diet (egg whites, cucumber slices, multivitamin) doesn't have anything to do with your lack of sebum production. It's just the fact that your calorie intake falls far far below your BMI. You probably produce a lot less earwax and piss as well as less sebum, am I correct?

This diet doesn't work because you can only lose so much weight before it affects your health; you will have to start eating at you BMI levels soon and your sebum production will start again immediately when you do.

Also, if you are a male, being very skinny is quite unattractive and probably regarded on the same level as having a face full of acne, so this sort of takes out the point of this diet.

For a short-term solution of stopping acne, however, this method is great. For example, when I do chemical peels I can't put any BP on my face, so I just cut out my eating by 90% to stop acne from forming for a couple days while my face heals, until the BP can go on again.

Yes, this method does work great short term; sometimes I feel like giving myself a "break" from bp so I'll just use soap and water but I'll eat drastically less and I won't break out. When I am on bp I can eat 8 times a day with nearly 4000 calories and still not break out.

Actually the egg whites quite possibly do have something to do with lack of sebum production, and possibly hair loss. Thats one theory I currently hold to, problem is you need quite a few raw eggs.

Raw egg white containts avidin (that cooking it will destroy, and yolk has Biotin). Avidin binds strongly to Biotin, so consuming this can cause a deficiency in Biotin (check studies that use Avidin, and why, as its used to test Biotin deficiency), if taken in sufficient doses.

Deficiency of Biotin could well lead to hair loss (however, I'm pondering currently if too much Biotin contributes to sebum).

Side effects of lots of raw egg whites...dry skin (this isn't necessarily lack of sebum, this part is unclear, but it could be related).

Biotin also shares the same pathway as in the intestinal flora as Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid), which interestingly sorts out acne in large doses by reducing sebum (but has side effects, like...you guessed it...hair loss). 3 egg whites alone normally wouldn't have this effect, but given there is no other incoming Biotin from diet (and likely very little created by body), it may take very little.

So I do think the raw egg white would help on its own in reducing sebum.

However, eating bugger all will also reduce sebum. Problem is you'll never know which :).

Edited by wibble

Meal 1

Note: 'Meal 1' - It did not specify that was all he ate and implied he had various meals.

It's not healthy, but he's not going to drop dead tomorrow.

He said it works for him and he does it occasionally.

I didn't like how some jumped down his throat with sarcastic insolent remarks.

Meal 1

Note: 'Meal 1' - It did not specify that was all he ate and implied he had various meals.

It's not healthy, but he's not going to drop dead tomorrow.

He said it works for him and he does it occasionally.

I didn't like how some jumped down his throat with sarcastic insolent remarks.

I personally don't think its healthy, evidenced by dropping 25 lbs in one month alone (if serious, I can't still decide! Reading the other posts, I think probably eating plenty but hasn't said).

However, I do think Assassin isn't being clear on exactly what he/she is eating in total on a daily basis which is confusing matters as well.

I don't think people will have any issue with Assassin following the mentioned regimen if there are some other supplementary foods. I'd recommend it otherwise (I've been on a raw egg white routine before to try and reduce sebum)

Edited by wibble

OK. To clear things up. I've been on a more or less similar diet to the I one I originally mentioned for about a month.

Some days I'll eat nothing all day; other days I'll have the mentioned meal just one time; other days I'll have it 2 or 3 times. Some days I'll have one meal but it will be a gigantic cheat meal: cookies, noodles, candy, steak, everything I want in one meal to satiate my massive hunger (these cheat meals are never good because I always end up with new pimples the next day but 95 percent of the time it was almost impossible to control myself because I was so hungry).

Ok, maybe I exaggerated with weight -- I haven't lost 25 pounds -- more like 15 - 20 pounds. I'm sure most was water/food weight, some muscle and some fat.

my face is extremely oily for a long time. Ive tried many things and the only thing that i actually saw results was accutane (which i regret taking) and semi high dose vitamin b 5 (which i stopped a long time ago because of the side effects). I know before when i used to eat eggs, my face seemed a little less oily but im not sure if it was the egg white or the yolk. I dont see how cucumber can reduce oilyness. But everyone is different so who knows.