Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tick_

How do you convince your doctor for a second course of Accutane, even though you possess clear skin?

I finished Accutane almost 5 months ago now. The severity of my acne has gotten progressively worst over the duration of the past 2 months. I was prescribed to doxy only a week ago today, and my skin is already a lot clearer. Cysts have disappeared, previous pustules gone. I have been breaking out, but it's a lot more controlled & suppressed. I have noticed great improvement. However, i have been through the process of utilizing numerous different antibiotics, and the acne always reoccurs, and i render resistant within at least 5 months.

Accutane worked wonders. But i was never completely clear. I did such a low dose over a short period of time. I'd like to take an adequate, consistent and clean course. I believe (quite adamantly) that it shall put the nail in the wood this time, so to speak.

I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow, only it isn't the one i conversed with before.

I HAVE to do a second course to receive the full results. I can't go on living in the dark, alienated and miserable.

So im relatively clear thanks to doxy, but it'll soon come back.

I do possess some pictures of what it was like during the flare up.

I feel so desperate. I might even cry during the appointment, ha.

How the hell do i convince them that a second course is necessary, even though it "appears" to be unnecessary?

i would wait till the doxy is ineffective because accutane is a harsh drug which can do damage over time. hence, all the blood work, ipledge, etc etc. i know you stated that you were on a low dose but you may want to wait.

How will the new doctor know exactly when you finished the first round of accutane? If you know it will work and want it so badly, just tell the guy you finished the course last year. Or can he get his hands on your medical history?

How will the new doctor know exactly when you finished the first round of accutane? If you know it will work and want it so badly, just tell the guy you finished the course last year. Or can he get his hands on your medical history?

How could he not?

Where im from, every local GP, Hospital or Pharmacy possesses documentation recording precisely what medication a patient has utilized.

It's all shared by an online network, therefore rendering the idea of deviating from what is truth, utterly powerless.

You're scr**ed then. I suspected you'd say something like that. Where I come from we don't have that... so what you tell the new doctor is entirely up to you.

You're scr**ed then. I suspected you'd say something like that. Where I come from we don't have that... so what you tell the new doctor is entirely up to you.

I fail to comprehend the logicality within the context of your post, in correlation of what i have previously asserted.

Lying about my consumption of the drug is both incoherent and not a requisite.

Are you referring to the term "screwed"? ;)

Aww, isn't that cute. Im doomed, in your prerogative. How lovely.

Who else is it going to be up to?

I was merely asking for advice.

Besides, i have successfully established an appointment with the Dermatologist to pursue a second course.

It's only a matter of time now, so be happy for me.

Woah talk about privacy

Indeed, aha. Regardless of a patients "choice" in the matter, it is of course a moreover rational service they have implemented for our own protection, and so that their information is not inadequate.

I fail to comprehend the logicality within the context of your post, in correlation of what i have previously asserted.

Lying about my consumption of the drug is both incoherent and not a requisite.

Are you referring to the term "screwed"? ;)

Aww, isn't that cute. Im doomed, in your prerogative. How lovely.

Who else is it going to be up to?

I was merely asking for advice.

Besides, i have successfully established an appointment with the Dermatologist to pursue a second course.

It's only a matter of time now, so be happy for me.

I just sensed your fear of not getting what you wanted, but didn't remember that in some countries doctors can access one's medical history online.

Lying is part of our existence... sometimes you have to lie in order to get something (and even sometimes you have to lay to get something ROFL).

I didn't intend to offend you with that word... I just talk like that.

One can't really offer advice on how to convince a doctor to prescribe you a medicine... it's really up to you, and even more so if he can access your complete medical history and can know for a fact that you'd been on the drug before.

Anyways, I'd seen the other post and congratulated you there. ;D Good luck on that second course. Cheers!

Edited by Sonic999