Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There's nothing wrong with honey, it's natural sugar filled with vitamins and minerals, completely different from refined sugar that sucks the nutrients out of us instead. There's also WAY more to honey than just the sugar. Google honey benefits. You really can't go wrong. I tried Manuka Honey the other week and it was one of the tastiest things i've ever had, I went through a whole damn jar in two days. Felt amazing afterwards too.

I used to put a lil on my toast (well not really toast, it's called 'fette biscottate') cuz it was so delicious and I don't remember having any breakouts from it...

There's nothing wrong with honey, it's natural sugar filled with vitamins and minerals, completely different from refined sugar that sucks the nutrients out of us instead. There's also WAY more to honey than just the sugar. Google honey benefits. You really can't go wrong. I tried Manuka Honey the other week and it was one of the tastiest things i've ever had, I went through a whole damn jar in two days. Felt amazing afterwards too.

Honey isn't a significant source of any vitamin or mineral. Besides being high glycemic as mentioned above, It's pretty much empty calories. 1 tablespoon doesn't have more than 1% daily value of any vitamin or mineral.

One tablespoon of anything wouldn't have much more. It's more than just empty calories, but if you were actually interested in learning about honey you'd know that. It's one of the only (or the only) foods on the planet that has all the substances needed to sustain human life. You could live off honey alone it is so rich. It helps digestion, fights bacteria and is used in medicine to help treat pretty much every disease and injury that exists. I challenge anybody to take honey and find anything negative.

Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)

Energy 1,272 kJ (304 kcal)

Carbohydrates 82.4 g

Sugars 82.12 g

Dietary fiber 0.2 g

Fat 0 g

Protein 0.3 g

Water 17.10 g

Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 0.038 mg (3%)

Niacin (Vit. B3) 0.121 mg (1%)

Pantothenic acid (B5) 0.068 mg (1%)

Vitamin B6 0.024 mg (2%)

Folate (Vit. B9) 2 μg (1%)

Vitamin C 0.5 mg (1%)

Calcium 6 mg (1%)

Iron 0.42 mg (3%)

Magnesium 2 mg (1%

Phosphorus 4 mg (1%)

Potassium 52 mg (1%)

Sodium 4 mg (0%)

Zinc 0.22 mg (2%)

Shown is for 100 g, roughly 5 tbsp.

Percentages are relative to US recommendations for adults.

Source: USDA Nutrient database

Yeah that aint good stuff in the high amounts, but i still say eat it cos it is really nice, dont worry about if its too bad dude. As long as you eat some healthy stuff as well i dont think it can haver too bad an effect on you