Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Taymes

Ice Cream

Yeah, i was wondering how bad ice cream is for the skin. I have not had any ice cream for maybe 6 months, but i thought i would treat myself to a ben and jerrys. Man it was delicious! The thing is i ate the whole damn tub! Yeah i regret it now, but i was thinking maybe ice cream isnt so bad, with the dairy ingredients and stuff. Although i know some people here are against dairy, i tend to think it is ok for me. I am sort of optimistic i wont break out cos of this.

It was Phish food flavor as well, dont know if that matters or not.

Yeah, i was wondering how bad ice cream is for the skin. I have not had any ice cream for maybe 6 months, but i thought i would treat myself to a ben and jerrys. Man it was delicious! The thing is i ate the whole damn tub! Yeah i regret it now, but i was thinking maybe ice cream isnt so bad, with the dairy ingredients and stuff. Although i know some people here are against dairy, i tend to think it is ok for me. I am sort of optimistic i wont break out cos of this.

It was Phish food flavor as well, dont know if that matters or not.

Ice cream is bad for your blood sugar, includes a lot of IGF-1, and is hard to digest for some. It's good you treated yourself, just use moderation.

Ice cream is a dairy product so it could aggrevate your acne. However, thanks to militant vegans, there are now plenty of dairy-free substitutes for ice cream ;). Go to the "health food" aisle of the grocery store and look in their frozen food section. There is now an ice cream that is made from coconut instead of milk. They dip it in dairy-free chocolate. The brand is Turtle Mountain. It is VERY VERY tasty and addicting :dance:.

There is honestly NO BETTER ICE CREAM REPLACEMENT. It beats soy ice cream, rice ice cream, etc. Imo, it even beats real ice cream. This is by far the best.

Turtle Mountain Purely Decadent:

http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/purely_decadent.html

This stick-bar is my absolute favorite:

http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/pur...lla_almond.html

Edited by Dotty1

ate soy ice cream once. It wasnt as good as good icecream. I just love icecream. It doesnt let me eat that much as other foods. Its not like i want a whole bucket after one scoop. Then im done. Its so delicious but not so addictive :D Dont like the dairy free though.

lol i actually bought another ben and jerrys earlier today since its still on offer. I might have to check out that turtlemountain stuff too, i am defo in the mood for ice cream at the moment. it must be a winter thing!

Joris is right, it isn't that addictive to me either, but it is soooo good :D

As for my skin after i ate a whole tub yesterday, it has been ok, i got a couple of small spots coming, but that is sadly normal for me so the ice cream might not have had anything to do with it anyway. I am eating my fruits and stuff anyway so i still eating some healthy food whiuch hopefully is sort of balancing out the ice cream badness :P

The coconut based ice cream by Turtle Mountain definitely beats all other types of fake ice cream. It tastes identical to the real stuff.

Ice cream is a double whammy to your face because it has both cow hormones and it is a high GL food. Avoid at all costs.

This.

Ok i have now had 2 tubs of ben and jerrys ice cream in the last 2 days. I do have a little bit of acne formed over that time, but i usually get some anyway so i dont think the ice cream has really had that bad an effect.

I am so in the mood for it now lol but you people saying that it is so bad for me has got me thinking. I'll just have to moderate what i have i think becuase right now i just want more and more and more! :P

Ice cream will make your face explode - don't eat it!

BOOM

lol

i used to eat loads of ice cream Ben and Jerrys and also used to eat the other big brand one cant remember its name, must have been that long ago :(

i dont even no if dairy "really" effects me or not. maybe a should eat some in the name of science

Well i bought even more ice cream today and had some more, its on special offer so i cant resist i am eating shitloads lol.

If it gets bad i will let everyone know about it but wow this shit is tasty :D

There's also ice cream made from coconut milk and sweetened with agave nectar. Can't recall the brand tho. Pretty good stuff.

I just know that it's fucking delicious, that's all that matters.

:dance: so true.

I drink a lot of milk, but I don't think it breaks me out more. I actually never thought it was bad for your skin ...I haven't been drinking much milk this week cuz I have a cold...but I'll have to keep a look out later.

Oh and The Man I love your ice cream enthusiasm!!

Edited by Geeking

Haha yeah i swear i dont work for ben and jerrys :P

I just hadnt had ice cream for a long time and so this week once i a taste i just wanted more! lol

Whatever man :P

The stuff tastes awesome, its the stores fault for selling it on offer lol If i break out badly i will let you all know and then we can all go and complain the supermarkets are causing all the acne

Thats great, we will need teh pitchfooks to bust open the freezers.

I aint risking my life rioting a supermarket and not making wit more ice cream

Ok, so this is the first day since i started eating ice cream that i havent eaten a whole tub :P I need to get some more later or my run will be finished

The skin is ok btw everyone, got some new acne but that aint anything surprising since i am always getting it anyway :doubt:

we'll need a HUGE freezer for all the ice cream, that is unless we eat most of it on the way to this huge freezer