Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ckko25

The no foundation makeup for women thread

Okay okay, so now I'm forced to make up another thread so that I can get a couple supporters JK, lol. For those of you who don't know who I am, 15 days ago I decided to quit wearing foundation makeup for good because I got sick and tired of making myself up. I am now looking for supporters of this "say no to foundation thread" because i think having people that are doing the same thing, makes it all easier for us all. We can talk about how we feel about it or whatever you would like. But being a new no foundation wearer after wearing it for 10 years straight, is giving me a whole new perspective, from more time in the morning, to the frusterations of everybody seeing my red marks. I look foreward to hearing from you all. Please join me :)

Hey you have my support.. First off it does take alot from us who dont have the clear smooth skin. Alot of time preping to go out, and so on. But really nobody really cares at the end of the day and its liberating for those who dare to go bare.

Thanks for your posts you two :D

Yes it is difficult for those of us that don't have clear skin..it does indeed take alot of courage to go out without it.

I also wear the eye makeup when I go out and that's all that I wear. I'm stoked because I really feel that my skin is getting better everyday that I don't wear it!

That's great you don't feel bad without makeup!! ^_^... cuz I know [as we probably all do] people who go crazy without their makeup on when they don't even need it [ie. people with good skin]

I never wore face makeup because I wouldn't know what I'm doing and probably would look like an idiot trying to cover all my pimples and stuff, I'm sure it would be quite a mess xD plus i think it would make me breakout more & I don't think I should be that ashamed of my face to have to wear a mask of makeup-- even though some days I am :(

Edited by Geeking

That's great you don't feel bad without makeup!! ^_^... cuz I know [as we probably all do] people who go crazy without their makeup on when they don't even need it [ie. people with good skin]

I never wore face makeup because I wouldn't know what I'm doing and probably would look like an idiot trying to cover all my pimples and stuff, I'm sure it would be quite a mess xD plus i think it would make me breakout more & I don't think I should be that ashamed of my face to have to wear a mask of makeup-- even though some days I am :(

Thank you Geeking. I am realising with every day that it seems my face is clearing that it was probably the makeup which kept my skin from getting mostly clear! Man all the heart ache I could have possibly saved myself if I would have taken this plunge earlier! I don't feel 100% confident about it because of my red marks, but I am happpy that it seems like it's helping and I won't ever get caught wearing that "mask" you're talking about that (as I reflect back on pictures) I did have sometimes. Yikes! As you said, some people even with perfect skin freak out when they don't have makeup on....don't be ashamed of your skin. We are our worst critics....I'm sure most people don't notice our marks like we do. People with clear skin don't have to worry about that stuff therefore it's probably not the first thing that they notice about us! Stay strong Geeking...it's the best thing you can do for your skin like us all, to let it breathe! :)

That's fantastic your face is clearing, and yes it does need to breath! Air never hurt anyone..or has it? lol

Yup, we're our own worst critics and can't help it sometimes.. :) Stay strong too ckko!

I know from experience that people can look past a 'not so perfect complexion' so we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves :D

That's fantastic your face is clearing, and yes it does need to breath! Air never hurt anyone..or has it? lol

Yup, we're our own worst critics and can't help it sometimes.. :) Stay strong too ckko!

I know from experience that people can look past a 'not so perfect complexion' so we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves :D

Thank you Geeking! When it gets rough, I will remember that you are also out there biting the bullet with me! You and dare to go bare. It really does feel great to know I'm not alone in this :)

It really does actually!

We're our own little support group :dance:

How old are you if you don't mind me askin?

Good call lol our own support group...very clever, I love that :)

I'm 27, and you?

I started accutane about a month ago and once my face started to get way worse I was waking up hours earlier to put on makeup that just endup looking like crap. So one day I just got so sick of it and said screw this, if people really want to judge me by my acne and scars then eff them! It has been hard and sometimes I feel so naked without it, but in the long run its gunna help everything. I'm glad you started this...It's like a little support group :P

I started accutane about a month ago and once my face started to get way worse I was waking up hours earlier to put on makeup that just endup looking like crap. So one day I just got so sick of it and said screw this, if people really want to judge me by my acne and scars then eff them! It has been hard and sometimes I feel so naked without it, but in the long run its gunna help everything. I'm glad you started this...It's like a little support group :P

Yay...welcome to the no foundation support group! lol The way you mentioned some days you felt naked..that was perfect because some days, that's exactly how I feel. 10 years of wearing makeup everyday...you can bet that I've felt naked some days in the last 18 that I have not worn makeup! lol

Keep up the hard work we're all in the same boat!!!!

Yay another member! hehe

I'm 20 ckko

if people really want to judge me by my acne and scars then eff them!

exactly

:hifive:

we make a good team already LOL

Yes, all of us members of this support group will make a good team! :) I am a "yay" kind of a gal when I get excited about stuff, I thought that was really cool.. lol

You guys are really brave....i just can't bring myself to go out in public without concealer. I don't ever wear foundation though....but to go out with no makeup is unthinkable to me.

You guys are really brave....i just can't bring myself to go out in public without concealer. I don't ever wear foundation though....but to go out with no makeup is unthinkable to me.

Miya,

I'm 27, and if somebody told me 2 months ago that in 2 months I wouldn't be wearing makeup I would tell them that they're full of it. It took me from the time I started wearing until now not to wear it...so don't be hard on yourself. Maybe someday you will get sick and tired of it like myself. There's nothing wrong with what you do. It was a long road getting here :)

Since July of this year, I have not worn makeup (other than twice for two events I had to attend). I had severe acne from July through November 2009. I did not want the acne to worsen, so I got use to my face "as is". If you want to read about what caused the acne, please read my blog: Girls/Women with Acne, "My Acne History".

The two times I wore makeup, I had it professionally done. The first time was by MAC. I went there because I needed heavy coverage. It was for a wedding I had to go to, and at this time I had severe acne (September), so I'm not sure if the makeup irritated my skin or not. You couldn't tell I had acne in pictures, but in person, it was totally obvious.

This past weekend, 12/5/09, I had my makeup done by Bare Escentuals. My face looked amazing. You could not see a single spot/scar on my face. I was so impressed. I bought a few products, but they were for my eyes and lips. I wanted to wait a few more months to see if my skin improves anymore than it has (color, marks fading, etc) and also see if I broke out at all from the makeup I wore on Saturday. Fortunately, I have not broken out from Bare Escentuals.

Both times I wore makeup, I gently wiped my face with 3 or 4 Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, followed by Dan's regimen.

On a side note, I must say that I am overall happy with my decision to not wear makeup. I am on my 10th week of using the Regimen along with zinc and omega 3 fish oil, and I am completely clear. The marks where acne once was, are fading.

I'm considering doing glycolic acid and lactic acid peels to lighten the marks, but I'm proceeding with caution because my skin is looking really really fabulous compared to how it was 2 months ago. I think the key is to leave your skin alone! Like Dan says, less irritation, less acne.

This whole not wearing makeup thing is really helping me with my obsessive skin picking...because obviously the skin picking makes it look worse, so everytime I start picking I remind myself I have school tom. and I'm not gunna be loving the huge inflamed red marks without any makeup!!

Since July of this year, I have not worn makeup (other than twice for two events I had to attend). I had severe acne from July through November 2009. I did not want the acne to worsen, so I got use to my face "as is". If you want to read about what caused the acne, please read my blog: Girls/Women with Acne, "My Acne History".

The two times I wore makeup, I had it professionally done. The first time was by MAC. I went there because I needed heavy coverage. It was for a wedding I had to go to, and at this time I had severe acne (September), so I'm not sure if the makeup irritated my skin or not. You couldn't tell I had acne in pictures, but in person, it was totally obvious.

This past weekend, 12/5/09, I had my makeup done by Bare Escentuals. My face looked amazing. You could not see a single spot/scar on my face. I was so impressed. I bought a few products, but they were for my eyes and lips. I wanted to wait a few more months to see if my skin improves anymore than it has (color, marks fading, etc) and also see if I broke out at all from the makeup I wore on Saturday. Fortunately, I have not broken out from Bare Escentuals.

Both times I wore makeup, I gently wiped my face with 3 or 4 Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, followed by Dan's regimen.

On a side note, I must say that I am overall happy with my decision to not wear makeup. I am on my 10th week of using the Regimen along with zinc and omega 3 fish oil, and I am completely clear. The marks where acne once was, are fading.

I'm considering doing glycolic acid and lactic acid peels to lighten the marks, but I'm proceeding with caution because my skin is looking really really fabulous compared to how it was 2 months ago. I think the key is to leave your skin alone! Like Dan says, less irritation, less acne.

Welcome [email protected] I love your story about quitting makeup in July. It is inspiring to think that you went from severe acne to 100% clear!!! I have high hopes to be red mark free in 3 months by using the regimen and not using foundation! I wouldn't use the peels after all of your hard work, I have heard they can break people out. I'm sure with time they will be gone...in the gallery there are several pictures that show complete clear ups including red marks, just by using the regimen!!! This gives me high hopes, and I think that my red marks have already faded quite a bit just from 2.5 weeks. I actually felt like a was fairly attractive today, even without the makeup...it's been while since that last happened :)

Kenzie, good for you not skin picking!! I have also stopped picking, because yes it makes it look much more red and worse when we do pick!

I'm not gunna be loving the huge inflamed red marks without any makeup!!

I've worn that look many a time lol back when I was younger, I thought picking would be good! My mom would always say to pop 'em she still does! but now I know better [unless I really have to]

I actually felt like a was fairly attractive today, even without the makeup...it's been while since that last happened :)

that's great!

Last night I was watching a show briefly as I was passing by that station, and I see this girl with LOT of makeup on. She was bragging about how hot she is, and even went on to say how she is a natural beauty. I wouldnt have noticed this 5 years ago..but i stopped to think...what about all that makeup??!!

i have not worn foundation for a really long time...never liked the feel of it on my skin or how it made my skin look (seemed to accentuate wrinkles and pores more). maybe i was just using too cheep of a foundation. anyways, i stopped wearing make up, except for eye liner and mascara when i left my job to stay home with my baby daughter, eleven years ago. then i started wearing mineral powder two years ago when my face became super oily and started to break out in cystic acne.

now i finally have the cystic acne under control and my skin is not as oily either. so, on good days and weekends when i am home, i don't use any powder. on bad days, i feel a bit better if i can cover up with mineral powder. fortunately, it seems like i have been having more good days lately then bad. :dance: which is good because make up is so bloody expensive here in new zealand! :confused: