Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
r374rd

i really really need help for my bad skin

i have made a few posts on here regarding my red marks and spots but i havent had any replys, so please if anyone can help me with my problem that would be great.

the condition of my skin:

*even tho i dont have really bad acne anymore, i still do get 5+ new spots a week. my skin can get really oily, even tho i put moisturizer on.

*i feel i have a lot of discoloration from old spots, basically the color of the skin on my face is made of blotchy dots of red's and brown's .

* the firmness of my skin is poor and i have a lot large pores around my cheeks

* i have a lot of closed comedones on my forehead and cheeks, i have also started to get some around my ears and neck

what i have tried:

* paula choice 2% bha

* salicylic acid products

* ACV

* clay masks

* alkailne diet

* niacin

* agera ultra mild facewash

* microdermabrasion - was better after this but not now

* chemicals peels - was better after this but not now

* agera spf 25 moisturzer

* clearasil

the really bad thing is, the condition is all over my skin. its not just on my forehead or on my cheeks, but its everywhere. its really driving me mad and its really effecting my life. i will try to get photos, but its hard for the problems to show up on camera.

i have been to my doctor and my derm and they just say my skin is fine, but i know its not, when i look in the mirror i can see all these impurities.

the only thing i havent tried is retin-a, would something like green cream work?

please please help

thanx

*i feel i have a lot of discoloration from old spots, basically the color of the skin on my face is made of blotchy dots of red's and brown's .

AFAIK, it can easily take a couple of months for enough skin cell turnover to remove marks left by acne. And, some of us just have skin like Pete Townsend:

I got a Gibson

Without a case

But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

(Quadrophenia)

i will try to get photos, but its hard for the problems to show up on camera.

i have been to my doctor and my derm and they just say my skin is fine, but i know its not, when i look in the mirror i can see all these impurities.

Just to give you some perspective: when I have acne/red marks, there is no problem making it show up on camera.

Do you have a theory why doctors and derms would lie to you about your skin?

Well, without seeing a picture, it is hard to tell if you are perhaps a perfectionist or if you indeed have a problem that the dermatologists think is mild and you "just have to live with".

Perhaps your problem is one of sensitive skin. I have extremely sensitive skin and I can get a lot of redness or blotchiness just from something irritating my skin. I find that the more I use products the worse it gets. For me, I have to use gentle and, if possible, fragrance free lotions, etc.

I've never tried them, but Clinique has a redness solutions skin care line that is supposed to help with redness relief. One of the products has hydrocortisone in it -- but I'm not sure if the daily use ones do or not. Eucerin, Aveeno and others have similar products as well. Perhaps you should try something that would soothe the skin to see if the problem might be one of sensitivity.

Just to give you some perspective: when I have acne/red marks, there is no problem making it show up on camera.

Do you have a theory why doctors and derms would lie to you about your skin?

the reason why i said its hard to get a good picture is because of the camera i have(its one on a phone), so i have been out and bought another camera. plus when the flash is on it, the light can reflect off my oily skin. so in this photo ive had to take the flash off, but the room was pretty well lit.

ive been on accutane before and it cleared my skin right up, that was about 10 years ago. in the last 2/3 years i have started to notice the condition of my skin getting worst again. 15 months ago i went to the derm and said that i have noticed my skin getting more oily and that ive had an increase in spots, plus im getting small bumps on my skin. at that moment in time, the derm said your skin at the moment doesnt warrent going on accutane again. as i was leaving she said that every one gets the odd spot here and there, your skin is fine. even tho she did give me a prescription for oxytetracycline, to help clear the few spots i had at that time, which it didnt. i know my own skin, i can tell when something is not right, 4 years ago it was clear. im not really in a position at the moment to go to the derm as im not in my home country, im travelling and have been doing so for about 9 months. i havent posted a msg sooner as i have been trying to find a something to help it myself. ive been looking thru acne.org for ages, reading posts etc. plus im from the uk and so we have the NHS, which is really good, but alot of the time you are just a number, its not like a private derm, where it maybe more personal.

i know there are people that are worst positions than me, but im now just at my wits end, trying to find things that can help.

i do sometimes wonder, maybe if i just stop using products and let my skin do it own thing, maybe that would help. i might even try that.

sorry if ive bothed any of you.

hey mate, well have you tried benzyol peroxide? i think with a 2.5% strength that those would clear up. plus using aloe vera gel (pure organic stuff)

also you are right, try leaving it be and let it do its own thing for a while.

sometimes people go overboard with different products to use/try and end up making things worse

let us know what you decide

you could try:

egg white face mask, that would help with the pores.

lemon juice+ rose water for the scars and the oilyness.

potato juice for the scars...rub a potato around the infected area, or all over. let sit for 15 min... and wash off, idk if it works though.

sandalwood. get some sandalwood powder, mix it with water and apply all over the infected area. it calms down the redness.

yogurt also helps, as a facial mixed with some turmeric. just be sure you are not allergic to yogurt. i would use organic or a well reputed brand. yogurt also works well as a mosturizer.

thanx guys 'n' girls for your ideas. i was thinking about the regimen/benzyol peroxide, but i'm worried about the benzyol peroxide burning my skin or something. will benzyol peroxide help with the closed comeodnes, thats the maint thing thats pi*sing me off at the moment. like i said i dont get loads of full blown spots, but i do have loads and loads of closed comedones, and there all really inflammed(like you can see in the photo).

thanx again

This is just a suggestion but have you looked at your hormone balance?

I believe that the root of why people get acne is due to hormonal imbalance. Don't get me wrong, different types of medication can help reduce or eliminate acne however I don't think it's being cured at its root.

I spent ten years using all sorts of topical and oral medication to treat my ongoing battle with acne. It was only until 3 years ago I decided to press the reset button on my body.

-I did a colon detox, liver detox, kideny detox

-I found ways to manage my stress better

-I found ways to avoid state of depression

With those things alone (even with a sub par washing regemin) I no longer get that acne that seems to be buried under your skin and haven't bought acne medicine since then!

here's the journey I took if you're interested.

'curbyouracne.blogspot.com'

Good luck!

thanx guys 'n' girls for your ideas. i was thinking about the regimen/benzyol peroxide, but i'm worried about the benzyol peroxide burning my skin or something. will benzyol peroxide help with the closed comeodnes, thats the maint thing thats pi*sing me off at the moment. like i said i dont get loads of full blown spots, but i do have loads and loads of closed comedones, and there all really inflammed(like you can see in the photo).

thanx again

Hi,

I'd also like to recommend that you try the Regimen. Please follow the instructions exactly, and read the "what to expect" page. It took me a month to get clear using the regimen. If you want to read my detailed experience, check out my blog Girls/Women with Acne. I gave a detailed summary of my first five weeks on the Regimen, and also talk about zinc and omega 3 to help clear my acne, prevent future breakouts, and reduce redness. Let me know if you have any questions.

thanx again

Hi,

I'd also like to recommend that you try the Regimen. Please follow the instructions exactly, and read the "what to expect" page. It took me a month to get clear using the regimen. If you want to read my detailed experience, check out my blog Girls/Women with Acne. I gave a detailed summary of my first five weeks on the Regimen, and also talk about zinc and omega 3 to help clear my acne, prevent future breakouts, and reduce redness. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi again,

I misread your post, I thought you still were having trouble with acne...but since it's more the issue of red and brown marks, the Regimen is not the solution for clearing spots. I'm currently in the position of trying to lighten my marks left from acne too. I've read a lot about it, and I think my next step is to try lactic and glycolic acid peels. I read that you've tried chemical peels before, but which ones were they, and how many peels did you do? It may take several times over a long period of time to fade the marks completely. These marks are supposed to fade on their own, but it takes sometimes 8 months to 2 years. I know that's a long time to wait!

Well, I can't say this is a long term solution, but you could see if you could get a doctor to prescribe a stronger antibiotic -- azithromycin. Before I could get on Accutane, I had an upper respiratory infection and was prescribed what they call a z-pack, I think. You take it for 5 days, but it keeps working for 5 days after your last dose.

Anyway, it completely cleared up my cystic acne (after I had been suffering with it for 6 months). The doxycycline I was given for the acne made it a little better but didn't clear me up and I ran out before I could get on the Accutane so the acne started coming back to the same level once it was out of my system. When I told my derm about it clearing up my acne, she said, "Yeah, isn't that stuff great?". But, I guess you can't take it long term ...

It might be enough to get you through until you can get back home and see your regular doctors.

Good luck! I hope you find something that works.