Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maldition

another year that goes away. and a reflection for all....

another year that happens, and there is no solution…

when they think that it is on sale the magical solution that regenerates the scars? they are realistic please. nonoptimistic

reflections of all type are welcomes, equal I itself, disappointed.

wait 10 more years they will cure all scares with stem cell :)

the technology of cells mother already this available one, serves to let grow bodies, but in the skin she is not effective, is not what we looked for, a perfect regeneration.

i think the answers this in tgfb 1, 2, 3,and ECM non desnaturalized

Cuando salga la solusion, yo voy a ser muy viejo para que me importe. Orita ya estoy perdiendo fe en que algo salga en cinco anos. Lo unico que de verda me esta ayudando orita es no mirrarme en el espejo, ya estoy casi un mes asi, y de verdad trabaja. Siento que puedo hacer mas sin pensar en mi cara.

To summarize it. Scars suck big time, I am sure a solution will come within our lifetime, but I am afraid I will be too old to care by then. If you are not planning on suicide, at least try to enjoy whatever you can out of this life and be grateful to what you already have, that alot of others don't.

Yup, next month I enter my 20's. I have one more year of college left and supposedly when I graduate I am suppose to be this free man and all, but yeah that's not happening. I haven't been genuinely happy in god knows how long, I actually get somewhat pissed off that I keep waking up in the morning, its like "WTF I'm still alive?!".

But these scars completely changed my perspective on life, and I am obviously not a fraction of as happy as I was a year ago. Right now I really don't care if I live or die tommorow, if anything I would probably embrace death as I am just living an aimless life anyways, I think a plant has more goals than I do. Why I don't commit suicide, well I have a little brother and parents and friends who would be greately devastated if I do so, but if it wasn't for them yeah I would probably just go jump off a bridge or something and end this pathetic existance. Weird lol, it kinda sounds like its unfair that I have to live just so that they won't get emotionaly scarred, oh well thats life for you. No not really, that's just our life.

If I somehow end up living ten more years, I guess I'll get the cure just in time to look for a spouse. But till then I am not gonna bother with anything less, all these lasers that supposely magically fill in scars and all the other nonsense that costs god knows how much, nah I am fine, I could use that money to take months off and cry at home in peace.

Stay safe guys.

Guest icaretohelp

words cannot adequalty describe how fake your life is. By fake i mean your frame of mind..the love you seek..based around whether or not you have a certain collagen quality on your face..sure acne scars did affect my confidence but i never ever thought along the lines of what you just wrote..your a young guy and obviously pretty naive..if your love will come to you based on your skin texture then my friend admit your just waiting for a perfect moment that wont happen because its never perfect.

i still did things during my hell..i had scarring all over my right cheek and it was Beat RED..and i was a model and such so suddenly THE WTFHTYF ( what the fuck happend to your face)

truth is..this can make you a better or worse person..fact is based on what ive just read..ive lost a lot of respect for you.

may i suggest you read into the teachings of dr david hawkins..read healing and recovery..its a wonderful book which helped me.

right now you will never reach any form of enlightment..because all you crave is fake feelings..

im sorry this sounds harsh but your post got me very angry.

words cannot adequalty describe how fake your life is. By fake i mean your frame of mind..the love you seek..based around whether or not you have a certain collagen quality on your face..sure acne scars did affect my confidence but i never ever thought along the lines of what you just wrote..your a young guy and obviously pretty naive..if your love will come to you based on your skin texture then my friend admit your just waiting for a perfect moment that wont happen because its never perfect.

i still did things during my hell..i had scarring all over my right cheek and it was Beat RED..and i was a model and such so suddenly THE WTFHTYF ( what the fuck happend to your face)

truth is..this can make you a better or worse person..fact is based on what ive just read..ive lost a lot of respect for you.

may i suggest you read into the teachings of dr david hawkins..read healing and recovery..its a wonderful book which helped me.

right now you will never reach any form of enlightment..because all you crave is fake feelings..

im sorry this sounds harsh but your post got me very angry.

J

Edited by eterna_maldicion

another year that happens, and there is no solution…

when they think that it is on sale the magical solution that regenerates the scars? they are realistic please. nonoptimistic

reflections of all type are welcomes, equal I itself, disappointed.

Scar free healing has been done and proven and is understood.

Fact at 200nm decorin stopped the fibroblasts from creating excess scar tissue on fibrils in keloids, also when this was done the normal tissues did not suffer mass apoptosis. This would enable our intercellular cells to crawl through non denatured collagen.

In 1999 a bladder was created in the lab. This again proves scar free healing. The logic being 'you have to stop scarring to bring about any regeneration. A bladder was regenerated.

We have even seen an example of an ECM that had non denatured fibrils regenerate tissue perfectly on a face in the appligraf photo.

Dr's talked about achieving scar free healing in 2002.

etc. etc.

These are facts.

Edited by seabs135

Is this supposed to be encouraging or discouraging, because to me it is the latter. This just goes to show you that the promise of medical technology being able to eliminate scarring is like a carrot dangling in front of our faces. The potential is supposedly there, but it obviously it just never seems to happen.

Scientists had been talking about ending scarring back in the 60s and 70s. Many definitely thought that scarring would certainly be a thing of the past by the 80s. The 90s came and went. Oh wait...by the year 2000, we will have most definitely discovered the cure for scars.

"Dr's talked about acheiving scar free healing in 2002." Yes, as they had in 2000 and 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009....AD INFINITUM

Think about this: Collectively, there are TRILLIONS of dollars spent on medical research into degenerative diseases every year, multi-nationally, yet disease rates continue to be on the rise.

All of this space age technology that was thought would lead to a disease-free world has only seen a world with more disease than ever, and it becomes more diseased each year.

I just think that putting all of your faith into technology is a little misplaced, in my opinion. Based upon history, there is absolutely no reason to think that technology is going to come to the rescue with this predicament, any differently than it has affected any other problem related to the human condition.

With that being said, I am still a firm believer that there is an answer for scarring that already exists in the natural world. I don't know what it is...but I believe that there is something. It is probably some sort of obscured botanical in a remote rainforest somewhere that is on the verge of going extinct. Maybe it will turn out that something as low-tech as iodine causes scar regeneration. Who knows?

I can't sit around and wait for modern industrial technology to come and give me a scar free face. The invention of the dermabrader was supposed to this- Oooops, didn't happen. Later on, high tech deep chemical peels were supposed to achieve this as well- Ooops, didn't happen again. Then big high-tech lasers came onto the scene. Surely these futuristic lasers right out of science fiction are going to make us all scarless, right? Nope, sorry!

With each "advance" people were just SURE that this would finally be the answer to scarring that had been promised for 40+ years. Sadly, each time we learned that it wasn't.

I am just not a firm believer in technology anyways, We live in a highly technological world, yet we are rapidly unraveling from every corner. I have heard estimates that information and technology double every six months...yet interestingly enough, I am not seeing the bounty of this increase in intelligence. We live on a dying planet, one in which this brilliantly intelligent animal known as man is killing on a daily basis. The world is full of disease, toxins, mountains and mountains of plastic junk, a garbage patch floating in the ocean the size of texas, etc, etc... ALL because of this "highly intelligent" animal and their technology.

Technology is over-rated.

The Dr Ferguson only put tgf3 in his formulates

so that it did not put tgf3+decorin?

no laboratory this interested in the real solution... only create patches

Edited by eterna_maldicion

My perspective of what the scar cure should be like, is going to the derm to purposely cut off the unwanted skin (scarred area), and let the your body give rise to a new patch of fully functional skin (with sweat glands, hair etc. etc.) that should be equally as good as the one you had before the scar.

All they have so far are ways to manipulate what you have, to make it look more normal (brasion, excision, graft). We need a cure now! as in something that actually tackles the the problem, not mechanical engineers working on a biological condition!

At this rate limb regeneration will probably come first, which in theory should fix any scar related problem. And if it doesn't.....

All is lost!!!

Lol keep your chin up though :)

My perspective of what the scar cure should be like, is going to the derm to purposely cut off the unwanted skin (scarred area), and let the your body give rise to a new patch of fully functional skin (with sweat glands, hair etc. etc.) that should be equally as good as the one you had before the scar.

All they have so far are ways to manipulate what you have, to make it look more normal (brasion, excision, graft). We need a cure now! as in something that actually tackles the the problem, not mechanical engineers working on a biological condition!

At this rate limb regeneration will probably come first, which in theory should fix any scar related problem. And if it doesn't.....

All is lost!!!

ah have no fear matey. i went to a cosmetic surgeon about six months ago who said you can almost burn off complete areas of scarring with a co2 laser *stronger than fraxel repair* in just the specific areas. while im against lasers due to the expense and complications, they offer a greatly reduced price since your only doing very specific areas. what kind of scarring do you have, do you have any pictures?

You cannot "burn off complete areas of scarring". Co2 ablative laser doesn't go that deep and it brings alot of complications!

Fractional Co2 is alot safer and penetrates deeper.

All is lost!!!

ah have no fear matey. i went to a cosmetic surgeon about six months ago who said you can almost burn off complete areas of scarring with a co2 laser *stronger than fraxel repair* in just the specific areas. while im against lasers due to the expense and complications, they offer a greatly reduced price since your only doing very specific areas. what kind of scarring do you have, do you have any pictures?

You cannot "burn off complete areas of scarring". Co2 ablative laser doesn't go that deep and it brings alot of complications!

Fractional Co2 is alot safer and penetrates deeper.

really? that must be what he meant then. he mentioned he could zap the largest scars with a Co2 laser and that would be the end of it. he didnt say too much more than that, except that he would charge $300 all up, plus the cost of an accompanying peel. i guess i mistook it for the ablative version. he went doing smaller areas is a lot cheaper than a full face and this seems true. the areas of lesser scarring, since they dont need such an intensive treatment could be treated with less invasive means. while it might not be a cure, when you mentioned destroying scar tissue, this was the closest thing i could think of !

I advise you never to visit this doc again. It's because of assholes like this we get false hope.

Is this supposed to be encouraging or discouraging, because to me it is the latter. This just goes to show you that the promise of medical technology being able to eliminate scarring is like a carrot dangling in front of our faces. The potential is supposedly there, but it obviously it just never seems to happen.

Scientists had been talking about ending scarring back in the 60s and 70s. Many definitely thought that scarring would certainly be a thing of the past by the 80s. The 90s came and went. Oh wait...by the year 2000, we will have most definitely discovered the cure for scars.

"Dr's talked about acheiving scar free healing in 2002." Yes, as they had in 2000 and 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009....AD INFINITUM

Think about this: Collectively, there are TRILLIONS of dollars spent on medical research into degenerative diseases every year, multi-nationally, yet disease rates continue to be on the rise.

All of this space age technology that was thought would lead to a disease-free world has only seen a world with more disease than ever, and it becomes more diseased each year.

I just think that putting all of your faith into technology is a little misplaced, in my opinion. Based upon history, there is absolutely no reason to think that technology is going to come to the rescue with this predicament, any differently than it has affected any other problem related to the human condition.

With that being said, I am still a firm believer that there is an answer for scarring that already exists in the natural world. I don't know what it is...but I believe that there is something. It is probably some sort of obscured botanical in a remote rainforest somewhere that is on the verge of going extinct. Maybe it will turn out that something as low-tech as iodine causes scar regeneration. Who knows?

I can't sit around and wait for modern industrial technology to come and give me a scar free face. The invention of the dermabrader was supposed to this- Oooops, didn't happen. Later on, high tech deep chemical peels were supposed to achieve this as well- Ooops, didn't happen again. Then big high-tech lasers came onto the scene. Surely these futuristic lasers right out of science fiction are going to make us all scarless, right? Nope, sorry!

With each "advance" people were just SURE that this would finally be the answer to scarring that had been promised for 40+ years. Sadly, each time we learned that it wasn't.

I am just not a firm believer in technology anyways, We live in a highly technological world, yet we are rapidly unraveling from every corner. I have heard estimates that information and technology double every six months...yet interestingly enough, I am not seeing the bounty of this increase in intelligence. We live on a dying planet, one in which this brilliantly intelligent animal known as man is killing on a daily basis. The world is full of disease, toxins, mountains and mountains of plastic junk, a garbage patch floating in the ocean the size of texas, etc, etc... ALL because of this "highly intelligent" animal and their technology.

Technology is over-rated.

Well said, I agree with much of this.

This is why I never plug future tense 'products.'

The fact is scar free healing has been done, past tense, we've seen examples, we have seen cites.