Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sam

needling

I don't know if all you needlers already know this but when you needle your scars always have the sliced off end of the needle facing opposite to your skin/scar,so you can see the sliced of part of the needle when looking though the mirror.You should get the popping sound every time you prick the scar,so in my opinion if you don't here the popping sound every time you prick it won't improve the scar.

ive been self needling for months and i dont entirely understand. what is the "sliced of end of the needle"? and what do you mean by facing opposite your skin/scar?

Negative Creep,What i mean about the sliced off end is,needles are sliced off at the end to make the point on a needle.

Cartwheel,i hadn't finished my the above post when you copied it so there is some change to my original post (4) that one you copied.

Cartwheel,i only found out about 2 month since that if you insert the needle point into your skin with the sliced of point of the needle facing the opposite to you skin you should get better scar improvement.

I needle much too often but you should needle once every 6 to 8 weeks.

I think it is a waste of time if you dont here the popping sound every time you prick each scar so try to get the popping sound on every prick you do.

I agree with most of what you have said, but not this....After a few sessions the popping may well become less and i don't have popping atall any more. Not only that my 'popping' was never what i would consider a pop, just more like extra resistance on the needle.

If the needle is penetrating the skin in the scarred areas to the correct depth and you are penetrating the scar enough times, i really wouldn't worry about the pop. Everyone is different and those with less fibros scars and/or younger skin may not have a popping sound atall!!

lamarr1986 said:
If the needle is penetrating the skin in the scarred areas to the correct depth

I am a little confused. I was just using the needle perpendicular to the skin. I didn't know otherwise. Are you saying that it is pretty much parallel to the skin? Do you stretch the skin? Is there a video on this? I am having a hard time picturing it.

Thanks!

Lamarr,cheers m8 for clearing that up.

Edited by Sam