Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oldurucu

Finally clear. Protein shake and milk.

HI everyone, i am finally clear after using differin, proper workouts, zinc and fish oil and milk of magnesia. I am 16 years old.

I play basketball and i don't drink milk at all but all my friends do after their workouts and they also drink protein shakes and only 2 of them actually got acne(out of 11 people). Since you have to drink protein and cholocate milk in order to get the amino acids and protein to increase your muscle and gain strength, i want to do that too. I am just worried that my acne will come back if i start drinking cholocate milk and protein shake. Cholocate milk has 28g sugar in it(500 ml)and sugar definatly has an impact on acne.

Anyone with experience? So should i start drinking chocolate milk and protein shake?

Chocolate milk? odd thing to drink when building muscle imo :P

As for protein shakes, i take them and they have no effect on my acne at all. You dont have to drink them with milk either, they are actually meant to be taken with water. You use milk for a slower release of protein, say before you go to bed.

I wouldnt worry about protien shakes affecting you're acne.

As for th chocolate milk, like anything that contains alot of sugar. take it in moderation.

I'm pretty sure regular milk will give you complete amino acid chains also.

I would just go with whey isolate though. Try to get one with no added sugars. I use Zero Carb Isopure.

Regular protein shakes often contain milk proteins which - if you have a problem with dairy - will make you break out. Try a whey isolate like Packerfan states. I just switched to a soy isolate and am seeing a lot of improvement. You don't need chocolate or chocolate milk (THAT had me laughing!). In fact chocolate has turned out to be a major trigger for many of us. To be safe, try vanilla flavored protein.

Then again, you could just eat more chicken, fish, and peanut butter and skip those shakes altogether...

Edited by MilGirl

Maybe i should drink chocolate milk before the practices to boost up my energy and as a thirsty quencher and drinking protein shake with water doesn't seem to be a good idea(bcuz of the taste). Do you guys drink it with water or milk?I will try whey isolate and see how it goes. What brand do you guys recommend?

There are these gel caps you can get amino acids from if you think you aren't getting enough from your current diet. If you are looking to burn fat/increase muscle mass, avoiding chocolate milk is a better idea. I mix my soy isolate protein with water, it's vanilla flavor so I can add some frozen fruit or a banana to the mix, whatever I feel like. Always drink COLD because warm protein is pretty awful. As I just switched over, I'm not the best person to ask for a brand recommendation yet.

whey isolate huh?

is this whey isolate? because its what i am planning on using as of tomorrow. i have a whole tub of it.

http://www.tropicanafitness.com/view/b/28/...atural_whey.htm

help!

i just looked into isopure and it contains iodine and artificial colours flavors etc.

go for a natural one like the reflex i linked to

Edited by want2beme

Maybe i should drink chocolate milk before the practices to boost up my energy and as a thirsty quencher and drinking protein shake with water doesn't seem to be a good idea(bcuz of the taste). Do you guys drink it with water or milk?I will try whey isolate and see how it goes. What brand do you guys recommend?

Whey protein isolate vanilla + cacao powder = delicious.

You should try it... and it's healthier than chocolate milk.

Sometimes I add oats powder for extra calories.

Thanks for all the advices! :banana:

Oh and by the way, I add water on my shake :) and it's still delicious.

Make sure you choose vanilla and buy cacao powder :) I usually buy Nutiva cacao powder.

I tried drinking my whey with milk and I didn't like it!!! I think it taste better with water :|

Edited by EddieE