Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tommyg67

Tom's Epic Accutane Log:)

Hey guys,

Im Tom, 16 from Australia

(NO I DONT RIDE A KANGAROO TO SCHOOL) lol,

But i do take (Ro)Accutane.

I have moderate acne and my skin is ultra oily.

I started taking 20mg per day on November 27th 2009 so I have been on it for 9 days.

On the 18th of December I will be increasing my dosage to 30mg per day.

So far my skin has become much drier. Thank God:)

And I have only seen improvement and my skin looks great.

I am anxious that I will experience an IB but so far everything is great:)

Wish me Luck

DAY 10

Skin feels a bit oily but all in all ok.

Lips are becoming very chapped and skin is dry.

Does anyone know what the best moisturiser is??

But all in all doing well.

IWantbeHappy- How much are you on per day?

Thanks Martin.

Hey Tom,

Thanks for posting in my log! I'm glad to see you've started...that's exciting. As far as moisturizer, people around here on the Tane Logs love Cetaphil and I have had a lot of success with CeraVe. I think they're pretty comparable. Good luck with your treatment, and keep us posted on your journey!

Carly

Thanks Carly.

I have enjoyed reading your log.

Yes it is incredibly exciting.

And for some reason it is easier to look in the mirror because you know no matter how bad your skin looks, your actually "fighting" it now.

Thanks

Just wanted to stop by and wish you luck! It's going to be a tough journey but it will definitely be worth it in the end!

I'm on day 13 so we are really close. I will be following your progress!

:)

Thanks heaps FloridaGal11

Im also using Cetaphil, its really good.

Yes I will also monitor your progress because were only 3 days apart:)

your day 10 sounds exactly how i remember mine lol

hopefully u wont get back, chest or neck pains.

for me it started around week 2.

enjoy the dryness !

its the easiest of the side effects dude ! haha

Hahaha thanks Noel.

Unfortunatly the back pain is setting in which is inconvenient as I play elite tennis :(

But yeah the dry skin is a breeze:)

Are you still on accutane or???

DAY 17

Think I am going through the initial breakout!

Sigh,

About 3 New Cysts appeared on my chin/jawline.

And a few new whiteheads on my forehead..

Feeling annoyed but glad to see the drug is working:)

Oh fantastic ! Whiteheads ! They're my new found friends upon my forehead too ! Five more days though , and you up your dosage . Thats when the fun starts ! :) .

Good luck kiddo .

And keep on riding your kangaroo to school .

Haha your funny gwennie.

And yes 5 more days and the dosage is increased. Great. More IB YAY!!!!!

I will have many new friends:)

Good Luck to you to!

Good luck with your course, Tommy. As you say, once you know you're finally doing something about it, it's all of a sudden easier to not care about what kind of crap grows on your face.

In response to your comment elsewhere on the site, when it comes to making decisions that aren't risky but potentially have a worse outcome than taking a risk might, accutane was one of those things where I realised in the end that the risks would always be worth it. I should've made it years ago though.

Yeah it is true.

Thats actually true. Even though im only 16, ive had acne for 2 years and it got so bad at one stage this year (in the middle) that I shouldve just realised it was time to stop and get on accutane.

But idiotically, I told myself it would all be ok if i just ate well and used antibiotics, which was clearly not the case as my face was as oily as a deep frier.

Oh well.

The healing process is well underway.

DAY 20

Well lets say it was a day to forget. I went out drinking with friends last night (because drinking underage is soooooo coool) and I had a few too many. The accutane clearly fucked up my tolerance and now I had an awesome hangover.

It was horrible because I had to go to the city with friends today. Which meant waking up at 9 30, quickly vomiting, drinking water, then vomiting then catching the train.

Then we went to see Paranormal activity which was absolutely disgraceful and boring.

To make matters worse, i ate candy and yep you guessed it, vomited again:)

Then i had to go watch tennis in 38 degree (Celcius) = 100.4 degrees (Farenheit) heat which was very painful. But now, at 8:40 pm i can eat again which is cool.

So drinking on accutane is horrible.

But Ive got a big party on sunday night and will probably get trashed.

Does the drinking actually effect your skin?

Or does it just fuck up your liver and leave you bedridden for a day?

Haha good god. Easy on the booze, man, you've got your entire life to fuck up your liver, you don't have to do it all at 16. Give your body a break, you're already putting it under a lot of stress. And if blood tests come back sketchy, they might decide to take you off and we don't want that. Just sayin.

And yeah, it does mess with your tolerance. But I never really had one to begin with, so.... haha. I like it that way, though. Less alcohol for the same buzz. :cool:

DAY 42

Hey guys havent posted in a while.

So at the moment the skin isnt looking great.

I have succumbed to picking a couple of those darned pimples :(.

So my routine is basically hot water, clearasil cleanser then moisturise, does that sound alrightt?

Also im only on 30mg per day and i weigh 140 pounds, so i think my dosage should be higher. Can I consult my derm over the phone and ask for a higher dosage? Because her next availible appt is in March and FUCK THAT.

PLEASE HELP!

hey

I dont think asking for a higher dose over the phone will work, since your script will just run out before March? I weigh similiar to you and derm put me on 40mg first month, and 60mg for the remainder i think, but he didnt weigh me. Personally I'ld drop the clearasil cleanser while on accutane and get something more gentle like cetaphil. Make sure your moisturiser doent clog pores - non comedogenic. Im using qv face moisturising day cream, it's pretty good. So yeah your routine is alright.

DAY 42

Hey guys havent posted in a while.

So at the moment the skin isnt looking great.

I have succumbed to picking a couple of those darned pimples :(.

So my routine is basically hot water, clearasil cleanser then moisturise, does that sound alrightt?

Also im only on 30mg per day and i weigh 140 pounds, so i think my dosage should be higher. Can I consult my derm over the phone and ask for a higher dosage? Because her next availible appt is in March and FUCK THAT.

PLEASE HELP!

i feel for you man, im in NZ and i have to book 1-2 months in advance to get an appointment with my derm. Your dosage definitely is lower than the 0.5 mg/kg recommended dose. im 110 pounds, and i got started on 30 mg.

Hey thanks you guyss.

Ill keep up the same routine.

So if im taking 2 pills per day, should i take them at the same time? Or one in the morning one in the evening?

Thankssssssssss :)