Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lady25

Really dried out back with BP!

Hey guys I used BP on my back for about two weeks and I've really dried it out :/. I didn't know I was capable of doing that since the skin on my back is really resistant to acne products. It's been dry and flaky for about 5 days and I haven't applied more BP in that time either. The thing is, my back has gotten really clear and my marks are fading. Any thoughts on what I should do? I mean I can't continue applying BP since the area is so so dry, but it's working?

I was using a little bit more than finger's length of Dan's 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide all over my upper back and no I was not moisturizing :/. I guess that was a bad call? I didn't think I would need to moisturize my back.

That's a lot of BP to start off with, and when you're using BP, you need to use some sort of moisturizer.

Start moisturizing and give your back a chance to heal up and recover, and then check out the Back Acne Regimen. Follow the instructions carefully, and you should have a much better experience. (If you have mild back acne, you won't be using BP at all; just AHA. If you have moderate to severe back acne, you'll be using AHA and BP. But, just to be clear, one pump of Dan's BP from the bottle is equal to about half a finger's worth of his BP from the tube.)

Thanks so much for your response. I was definitely too hasty with the BP. I'll be ordering the AHA and just moisturizing until it gets here.

I had that exact same problem with the head and shoulders regimen; I'd been leaving it on over night for a few nights and after a while my back became dry. Incredibly dry.

It was really uncomfortable, although my sin was clearing.

Conundrum!

So I let off of the H&S for a few days so my back could be less dry and painful, but low and behold my damn acne came back thick and fast.

Aw that's what I'm afraid of, bummer. I'm expecting to start over at this point hopefully this time things will go more smoothly