Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kkjones

Almay Clear Complexion Makeup

So I saw Dan's blog post about makeup yesterday and he said that Almay is a very good makeup to use. Alamy even has an "acne friendly" line called Clear Complexion.

I just wanted to see if anyone out there has had any progress with any Almay products.

Let me know ladies!

I'm been using it for over 2 weeks, almost 3! I can say that this foundation beats mineral make-up in the long run. Mineral make-up made my face look cakey since the oils on my face would built up at the end of the day and it just looked bad. Almay Clear Complexion is a nice foundation you can build up with (use a triangular sponge). It you have dark scars, there is a Clear Complextion Concealer too! :)

A little tough to get off, but not as tough as the Estee Lauder double wear. I'm looking for a make-up remover that is inexpensive. Wasting my cleanser getting off this stuff!

Also, make-sure to blend the foundation down your jawline so it looks more natural, and you won't have uneven tones in the sunlight.

Good luck!

Well I got the liquid foundation, concealer, and powder, and I used all three products tonight and I can say that I like this stuff so far. It didn't look or feel cakey, it was easy to apply, and I didn't really have a hard time taking it off. I use the jojoba oil to take most of my makeup off anyways. I'll let you know how it works for me.

I was thinking that some of my breakouts might be cosmetically caused. My mom has been telling me over and over for the past couple of weeks that whenever she even wears lip stick for one night, she wakes up with a pimple around her mouth. So maybe this is a genetic allergy. Who knows?!

But all in all, I am liking the Almay so far! :D

I have used almay clear complexion for years, and i never thought it was that special, until i tried to find a different foundation. So far I cant find one that compares...

It comes in a color that matches my skintone perfectly, and it doesnt make me look greasy.

:]

I'm reading these posts and realizing that I have been breaking out more in the last year or so, which is when I started using more MAC make-up. I am a professional performer and I HAVE to wear make-up and sometimes a whole lot! Maybe I'll try the Almay. I wonder if I keep using the MAC blush if my skin will break out... any thoughts? I also just started taking niacinimide based on a thread I read on this site and have been seeing quick results in the last few days. I totally recommend trying it!

I use the Almay pure blends foundation (more like a tinted moisturizer though) and I love it! But I Can't really testify for the others because pure blends is the only one I've used.

I'm reading these posts and realizing that I have been breaking out more in the last year or so, which is when I started using more MAC make-up. I am a professional performer and I HAVE to wear make-up and sometimes a whole lot! Maybe I'll try the Almay. I wonder if I keep using the MAC blush if my skin will break out... any thoughts? I also just started taking niacinimide based on a thread I read on this site and have been seeing quick results in the last few days. I totally recommend trying it!

I know everyone's different but MAC's blush never makes me break out yet their foundations make me break out HORRIBLY, as in the worst acne in my life.

Im starting the full line of Acne.org products as soon as it gets here and Im looking for a new makeup. I seen the recommendation for Almay and may go that way. I can get it at drug stores, no need to order it online and acne friendly. Question about the Clear Complexion formula. I like pressed powder, but is Salicylic acid good to use while on the Regimen? or should I stick to the other formulas? Thanks

Im starting the full line of Acne.org products as soon as it gets here and Im looking for a new makeup. I seen the recommendation for Almay and may go that way. I can get it at drug stores, no need to order it online and acne friendly. Question about the Clear Complexion formula. I like pressed powder, but is Salicylic acid good to use while on the Regimen? or should I stick to the other formulas? Thanks

I would stay away from medicated makeup if you are using topicals. I have used both Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (I used this for years when I had clear skin) and Maybelline Dream Matte Powder without any breakouts from either.

I am starting the acne.org products as well. Under the FAQS it says that you should stay away from cosmetics until you are clear. I am way too embarrassed to show my face in public without any type of foundation at least! If any one has other suggestions, please let us know!

I've been using Almay's clear complexion makeup with 0.5% salycylic acid, concurrently with Dan's regimen, for 36 days now, based on Dan's recommendation. The coverage and color-matching isn't as good as chanel makeup -which is what I occassionally used before my latest bout with moderate acne- but this Almay product does seem to actually help with the drying of active pimples, and it definitely has not worsened my acne.

Now that my skin is almost healed of acne (yey Dan's regimen!), and it's not dry nor flakey anymore, it does wear better (the first week of the regimen, my skin turned awfully red, irritated, dry and flakey, and the almay looked like I had a wax mask on top of all that...truly awful).

I'm going to keep using it until my PIH stops embarrasing me, but my goal is to eventually stop wearing makeup altogether, and use the almay just as spot coverage. No makeup at all has to be better than makeup of any kind in my opinion, but I haven't really researched any conclussive studies to back that.

Overall, I would indeed recommend it. I've used Clinique, Neutrogena & Chanel foundation over the years -always occasionally, mind you- and for the best look and coverage I would recommend Channel, but for problem skin (or when your skin is a problem and it's acting up), I'm now sticking with Almay Clear Complexion.