Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
black cat

Acne Scars and Nutrition/Holistic Methods

I wanted to post this in this section rather than the scars section because I don't think many people frequenting the scar forum are familiar with holistic methods of healing. I would like to know if anyone is dealing with atrophic scarring (boxcar, rolling, icepick) and has successfully used holistic methods to revise/improve them. On most websites that discuss atrophic scarring, it is said that even with the modern technologies available to us in this day and age, atrophic acne scars can never completely be removed. While professional scar revision has helped many people, many people report that the laser treatments or other methods they have used have resulted in little or no improvement. I wonder what the state of health is for people who undergo scar treatment and get poor results. Our bodies are constantly shedding cells and creating new ones. Perhaps some of us who have scars also have very toxic environments inside our bodies (because of poor diet and lifestyle habits) and therefore our bodies are burdened by the toxic material and are unable to generate healthy skin growth. Is it possible if we thoroughly detoxify our bodies (employing various effective methods including colon hydrotherapy, enemas, juicing/fasts, sauna, dry brushing, etc.) and feed them with the proper nutrients including lots of antioxidants (which boost collagen production) that we would see improvement in our scars? Is it possible to get any improvement for atrophic scars without using ablative lasers, strong chemicals, etc.? Or is it necessary to combine a healthy lifestyle with professional scar revision for the best results? Please feel free to share your experiences/thoughts. :)

I am curious about this as well, as my face is covered with shallow rolling scars that seem like they could fade away if something just gave them a little nudge in the right direction. :think: I have been taking 1000mg+ of Vitamin C daily for about 7 months now with no improvement in my scars; I just continued to scar while taking it. Maybe some other vitamins could help more.

I don't know for sure if good nutrition could help fade current scars, but it seems very plausible. However, I definitely believe that eating well and taking supplements helps to reduce scarring of new acne.

just started scarring on my forehead. That was my first place i got acne. The acne migrated to the south :P to my chin now. But then it spreaded. Prob also because of the BP i used. Now it is on my chin. From mouth down and connected on the bottom. Nose: blackheads. between eyes and ears.

And now its a little bit back (spreaded not clusted) on my forehead. Its causing rolling scars now. Mostly around my wrinkles.

Im already searching for things that will help. For when I will be clear. Thinking of the greencream or something. Holistic would be better. But i want them gone as quickly as possible...

undefined

this is hat i found on google about healthy nutrition and scarring.

Thanks for your responses guys.

I'm hoping that with a healthier lifestyle that I'll be able to improve my scarring. I'm not against using not-so-natural methods though either. I think, if anything, I'll get the best results by combining healthy lifestyle, holistic methods and professional scar revision.

I find good sources of antioxidants like blueberries and cocoa

and zinc like pumpkin seeds and wholegrains dramatically reduced my scars!!

just started scarring on my forehead. That was my first place i got acne. The acne migrated to the south :P to my chin now. But then it spreaded. Prob also because of the BP i used. Now it is on my chin. From mouth down and connected on the bottom. Nose: blackheads. between eyes and ears.

And now its a little bit back (spreaded not clusted) on my forehead. Its causing rolling scars now. Mostly around my wrinkles.

Im already searching for things that will help. For when I will be clear. Thinking of the greencream or something. Holistic would be better. But i want them gone as quickly as possible...

With age it starts to migrate on your chest, arms, and back. I started getting acne at 22 and it went from my chin to now my chest and it was only mild on my face, but very severe on my chest right now. Probably due to the fact I'm growing more chest hair at this age. Niacin No Flush is doing wonders for my inflammation and is clearing my skin. I'm %98 clear on my face and about %50 clear on my chest right now.

With age it starts to migrate on your chest, arms, and back. I started getting acne at 22 and it went from my chin to now my chest and it was only mild on my face, but very severe on my chest right now. Probably due to the fact I'm growing more chest hair at this age. Niacin No Flush is doing wonders for my inflammation and is clearing my skin. I'm %98 clear on my face and about %50 clear on my chest right now.

At my brother it started on his chin. Now its kinda more going on his neck also. He had is 2.5yrs later. It doesnt have to go to your back. Its personall i dont know why but with every person its different.