Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kjkjkj2

I just had an allergy test done

I'm a 24 year old male and I've had persistent moderate acne for 10-12years.

I took an allergy test to see if it could help me remove foods from my diet. I am not sure if the test is accurate, but starting today I will try to avoid the foods it recommends.

The test shows i'm highly reactive to cow's milk, egg white, garlic, rye, spelt, wheat, gluten, whey, yogurt

moderately reactive to barley, casein, cottage cheese, egg yolk, mozzarella cheese.

I will try to avoid these foods for a month and see what happens.

I'm a 24 year old male and I've had persistent moderate acne for 10-12years.

I took an allergy test to see if it could help me remove foods from my diet. I am not sure if the test is accurate, but starting today I will try to avoid the foods it recommends.

The test shows i'm highly reactive to cow's milk, egg white, garlic, rye, spelt, wheat, gluten, whey, yogurt

moderately reactive to barley, casein, cottage cheese, egg yolk, mozzarella cheese.

I will try to avoid these foods for a month and see what happens.

Whoa. "Try"? Some serious allergies, man. It may take more than a month to see any changes, too. I'd try for at least 3 months.

Hey, did you get your allergy test done just at a primary doctor's? I want one done too.

Edited by eccentricpuzzle

I paid $250 and did it through Forrest health online. but they just mail your stuff to US Biotek Lab. so any company similar should get the same results. It's a blood test where you prick your finger and bleed onto paper and mail it to them.

Have you read anything about them to know whether or not they're reliable? Because having dry blood doesn't seem like it'd be easy to test. When my brother got an allergy test, the doctor got samples of things to try out, and poked him with a needle that material on it.

I am in the process of doing that same test and sending it to Biotek Labs, but am having serious trouble getting enough blood to fill 4 cards (trying to do both IgG and IgA test) because I have a phobia of blood and needles. Anyway, I hope you experience some success with avoiding those foods and keep us posted on your results! :)

i am not sure if this test is reliable or not. i guess I will find out in a couple months. the test you're talking about is a skin prick test which measures instant reactions. IgG measures delayed reactions and may be better for acne related issues.

the first card I did, i didn't realize how important it was to bleed through the card. so they mailed me another test kit. this time I bled as much as possible. I used both the needle pricks and my fingers stopped bleeding before I could fill all 5 circles completely, but they did my test anyways.