Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John DD

Does anyone else feel like this?

Ok so one week you wake up and go....

"Ok once all these cysts on my neck and chin go away my face will look so good...the other ones arent taht bad"

then they go away....

"Ok once the little pimples on my cheeks go away my face will look so good...the other ones arent taht bad"

then they go away....

"Ok once this one pimple go away my face will look perfect who...the marks look fine"

then you have no more pimples....

"WOW these scars will never go away & it totally depressing"

Ok tahts just my story but you get the gist...Like your never going to be statisfied until your face is perfect.

Everyone has flaws; things they don't like about themselves. I'm sure even if we didn't have acne we'd be beating ourselves up over our weight or nose of boob size or whatever it is. Accepting yourself is one of the hardest things... but once you do, it makes life much easier.

Beating yourself up about acne won't make it go away any quicker. If anything it'll make it worse by the stress you're putting on yourself. When it does go away, then what? We move onto something else we CANT change. Being comfortable with yourself takes a lot of time and effort, and it's very hard for most people, but it makes things so much better for yourself. We all have to accept the way we are at one point or another.

i agree with the above poster.

we all have our flaws, and at the moment yours is acne.

once thats gone, you may find something else upon which you choose to dwell..

it, however, is not your fault and everybody (whoever they are) will have something about them which they will very strongly dislike.

I know my scars will last forever because a plastic surgeon told me. However, there are new scar treatments that have cropped up in the last few years so even if I can't afford them now, I will be able to when I'm older. That's what keeps me going.

Everyone has flaws; things they don't like about themselves. I'm sure even if we didn't have acne we'd be beating ourselves up over our weight or nose of boob size or whatever it is. Accepting yourself is one of the hardest things... but once you do, it makes life much easier.

Beating yourself up about acne won't make it go away any quicker. If anything it'll make it worse by the stress you're putting on yourself. When it does go away, then what? We move onto something else we CANT change. Being comfortable with yourself takes a lot of time and effort, and it's very hard for most people, but it makes things so much better for yourself. We all have to accept the way we are at one point or another.

Thanks for posting that, I needed a refresher. Cause I'm always looking at something different to blame myself for ALWAYS.