Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone use this product here?

My doctor says this Differin gel can help unclogg pores and prevent acne forming.

Since we all know acne starts from very bottom of the skin which we can't see with our eyes until it come to the surface of the skin. It says this product help to kill microcomdones forming, in other words less microcomdones = less comdones = less pimples and acne.

But I wonder if anyone here used or uses this product before? Did it work or it didnt? :think:

think i tried that once, didn't like it ,can't remebmer why.

but i do remember stopping using it.

might work for you though, everyones diffrent.

think it was the fact that it was a gel, and that doesn't soak into the skin, just stays on teh surface......think that was the reason.

im also about to try differin. initially, i was not going to fill my prescription because ive been seeing success with other products, but after doing some research on adapalene (the retinoid in differin) i believe it will help. some people on these boards have not had much luck with differin, but i would put more faith in the clinical studies and the before/after pictures that can be found on the internet. i think the key is to use differin in conjunction with an anti-microbial. bp is too harsh for my skin so im using a different antimicrobial.

these links offer detailed explanations of the history, efficacy, and modes of action of adapalene:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...t_uids=12887264

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...t_uids=15212561

http://www.medscape.com/viewprogram/2575_pnt

some excerpts from the links above:

Adapalene is thought to modulate keratinisation, differentiation and inflammation of follicular epithelial cells. This results in a reduction in microcomedones, the precursors of acne lesions.

The new retinoids (e.g. adapalene) have not only the typical potent comedolytic activity but also anti-inflammatory effects. When added to antibacterial therapy, topical retinoids demonstrate faster and significantly greater reduction of inflammatory acne lesions and comedones than antibacterials alone.

As expected, adapalene is indeed stable in the presence of light and resistant to oxidation by benzoyl peroxide.

Moreover, adapalene is a very effective antiacne agent and shows low irritation potential, no sensitization, and no phototoxicity.

I have used Differin and found it to be quite good but for me it was extremely expensive when compared to the regimen which I found to be as effective. No harm in giving it a go though. Good luck smile.gif

Differin worked really well for me once. I broke out recently but that was from a shaving product. Differin is a very good acne medication. It kept me clear for about a year and a half. Good luck.

alright then, so how long should I be using the product to keep or stop new acne from forming? A month? Year? Obviously I dont want to buy these gel and use them for the rest of my life, since this product isnt that cheap. :think: And of course I dont want to live through my life as a patient.

you, i got my tube of differin cream today. the insert said that after 8 weeks, improvement should be obvious. ive also read that improvement can be seen in 4 weeks or even sooner. after your skin becomes relatively clear, you can reduce the frequency of application. then you would just use it as a maintnence regimen a few times a week. at that point you can probably experiment with just using OTC products, and try to stop the differin. im guessing a tube will last at least two months, and then you can decide to get another tube or just try some cheaper products. my pores seem really screwed up so ill probably need more than just one tube. my prescription has 4 refills but im not sure if ill need them all.

you can find more info at www.differin.com

I use Dan's BP in the morning, Differin at night. In combination with B5 and Minocycline, I'm getting amazing results.

I did have an itinal breakout, but I was also on an antibotic and another topical in the morning, but it works great. I've been on it since March.. no drying out whatsoever. As a cream, it actually feels like it adds moisture to my skin.

Is adapalene effective for blackheads? I guess it would be....doesn't mae you really sensitive to the sun or red? also, will it help fade some red marks/shallow scars? I don't have active acne and i don't use anthything topically except for witch hazel once in a while or eucerin toner with lactic acid which is so good by the way and non irritating I used differin once and it dried the hec out of my but seemed effective

My breakout was probably a month long. It was a really really bad one, atleast for me, cause I don't break out very much on a normal occasion, but after that breakout had healed, I didn't break out again until I put a sunless tanner on my face that had oil in it. (So from about April until July I was completely clear)..