Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sunshine07

facial hair and makeup

okay, so I have a little bit more peach fuzz on my face then most and have acne prone skin. before I had this huge break out I would just use maybelline pure stay powder foundation just on the scars or blemishes that I had which wasn't much and I felt that looked pretty good and natural but now i'm stuck with alot of marks on my face and neck, something I couldn't just cover the effected areas because it wouldn't look right. anywoo I have a big trip at the end of Jan. i'm going to Jamaica for 10 days for a couple of concerts so i'll be sweating from dancing and dont want the makeup to come/rub off, plus I really would like to go in the water down there and get my face wet so a makeup that's water proof with some SPF in it would be great BUT ever other foundation I wear brings out my facial hair so much more and for most part looks to cakey. I want something natural looking, light weight but full coverage and long lasting. it's also very hard to find the right color for my skin tone!

anybody have any tips or products that may help me with what i'm looking for I would be so grateful, thanks!

btw, I would just go get some threading done but it would upset my skin to much, i'm almost clear and I think if I did this it may act up again!

Edited by sunshine07

oh and of course I want something that wont clog pores and fragrance free something that wont break me out something made for acne prone skin!

Edited by sunshine07

I know girls arent suppose to shave but i do. B/c my hair grows dark. It doesnt irritate my skin, and i shave how dan recommends you shave. Using face wash and use a two bladed razor and shave very gently.

Or you can try epistick.

here is a video on how to use it. It is pretty cheap you can usually find it for a price less than 5 dollars. There was a member who mentioned it on here. And it looks like it wouldn't be irritating for the skin

As far as makeup that is good in water, i think bare minerals is great in water. I don't know if your skin is dry but if it isn't it then this would be great. And gives great coverage with layering.

I don't know of any drugstore foundations that last long or in water b/c a lot of them have changed since i used them. But i really liked revlon colorstay and it was great in water and had excellent coverage. You make want to ask the people who use the newer on to see if this is true.

Thanks, I was thinking about trying the ColorStay Active Light Makeup. has anybody ever used that one?

I tried that Revlon colorstay active once and didn't like it, didn't cover the redness well.

Thanks, I was thinking about trying the ColorStay Active Light Makeup. has anybody ever used that one?

I tried that Revlon colorstay active once and didn't like it, didn't cover the redness well.