Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LdroppNova

Accutane Help... I want to Quit

Hi everyone,

I have been on accutane since late june (about 5 months). My skin is looking great- I cleared up around month 3 and have only gotten 2-3 pimples since... which is a miracle. I still have some scarring, but they seem to be fading. I currently have something that feels like a small cyst on my chin that has been there for awhile and has not gone away, but it is not painful or noticeable.

Basically, I want to quit my accutane, but I have 2 more months of treatment left(or more according to my doctor). I started messing up my pills in October, when I got strep throat, then the flu, and then bronchitis. I was not taking my pills regularly, so I am now like 2 months behind. I know this because I have a 2 months supply of pills left.

So I started taking my pills again regularly in Nov., got the lovely side effects of chapped lips, etc. However, I have also had more headaches and mood swings.

One scary thing is that I also got a fallopian tube infection in Sept. My gyno put me on doxycycline without warning me of the interaction with accutane (and I told her I was on it). Basically, I feel like I should go to my general practitioner for a check up!

I am pretty happy with my skin. I just worry about not getting enough in my system for my acne to NOT come back... but overall, I am pretty happy with my skin at the moment. But the headaches and mood swings are not worth it right now.

Can I maybe take the medicine every other day? I am on 40 mg/day.

What do you think????