Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miss Teacher Lady

Attention ID Bare Mineral Users

I used ID Bare Minerals/Escentials for nearly 2 years. I would find myself severly breaking out when I was getting near the the last drop of my makeup. I have done tons of research and found out what many of you probably already know:

A) For those of you with larger pores, mineral makeup can ESPECIALLY clog your pores because it is more likely to penetrate them due to the texture.

B) The Buka (sp?) Brushes are very pourous and unless you are washing them on a weekly or bi-weekly process then they will continue to soak up the oils and bacteria in your skin and tansfer them back on to clean skin as you are applying your makeup.

C) They contain Mica, which some users may tolerate, however upon changing your skincare routine, your skin may change it's mind as break out in to acne, hives, ect.

I just went through my skin breaking out in to hives and acne and as soon as I stopped using this and changed to Almay, it calmed down a bit..

Just something to think about...

Thanks for the information. I just started researching mineral make up after having a problem with Bare Minerals matte formula. I had used Bare Minerals for five years without a problem; so I decided to try their new matte formula because it sounded like it would be even better for my oily, acne-prone skin. It didn't cause me to break out, but it did cause all these tiny bumps on my face. I can't really see them (unless I study my face in just the right light), but I can feel them when I'm washing my face.

So now I'm trying to figure out whether to go back to regular Bare Minerals or try something else, and your post has given me a lot to think about. Thanks.

Thanks for the information. I just started researching mineral make up after having a problem with Bare Minerals matte formula. I had used Bare Minerals for five years without a problem; so I decided to try their new matte formula because it sounded like it would be even better for my oily, acne-prone skin. It didn't cause me to break out, but it did cause all these tiny bumps on my face. I can't really see them (unless I study my face in just the right light), but I can feel them when I'm washing my face.

So now I'm trying to figure out whether to go back to regular Bare Minerals or try something else, and your post has given me a lot to think about. Thanks.

Many people get the "little bumps" you describe, and the consensus is that they are caused by Bismuth Oxychloride.

I agree that Bismuth causes breakouts in a lot of women, but the matte formula doesn't contain any -- the regular does.

Not defending BE or anything, I'm pretty allergic to Bismuth myself; it broke me out and I itched like mad.

I'm personally loving Silk Naturals (www.silknaturals.com) at the moment... You get a white base and a pigment of your undertone, and you customize you own shade so you can adjust for the seasons. Plus it's way better for oil control and BE ever was, and it feels so silky... Because it does contain silk =] (Vegan formula available as well)