Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Idioteque

Simple Choice: Accutane or Dan's Regimen

Recently I have been completley bombarded by contrasting information and statistics about acne.

Just a simple post to gain a bit of perspective about two of the most effective treatmens: The regimen and accutane.

WHICH HELPED YOU MORE?

This means replies should preferably from people who have tried both treatments but it doesn't really matter. Thanks.

Recently I have been completley bombarded by contrasting information and statistics about acne.

Just a simple post to gain a bit of perspective about two of the most effective treatmens: The regimen and accutane.

WHICH HELPED YOU MORE?

This means replies should preferably from people who have tried both treatments but it doesn't really matter. Thanks.

Been on both, Started out with Dan's Regmin for 4 months. Got me about 50% clear and seemed that's all it wanted to give. So I said, it's time for more improvement. Went on Accutane, I have 0 active pimples, just red marks left over from previous acne. Been on accutane for 2 months now. Doing 5 months.

WHICH HELPED YOU MORE?

Been on both, Started out with Dan's Regmin for 4 months. Got me about 50% clear and seemed that's all it wanted to give. So I said, it's time for more improvement. Went on Accutane, I have 0 active pimples, just red marks left over from previous acne. Been on accutane for 2 months now. Doing 5 months.

Hmm well that seems pretty conclusive. How would you classify your acne, moderate or servere? Are you experiencing any of these dreaded side effects everybody are always on about?

I've been one Dan's regimen for 3 months. I broke out recently so that was it for me, accutane is next.

You should check out the accutane logs board. Most of the people have been on BP. I plan on doing them both together.

I've been one Dan's regimen for 3 months. I broke out recently so that was it for me, accutane is next.

You should check out the accutane logs board. Most of the people have been on BP. I plan on doing them both together.

Have you ever been on accutane before, I've never even mentioned it to my doctor but I'm seeing him this Tuesday to discuss the possibilty. I've read through a lot of success stories for accutane and it worked for my brother incredibly well.

Accutane is the last resort. Never forget this. If accutane doesn't help you there won't be any other medicaments to continue.

Accutane is the last resort. Never forget this. If accutane doesn't help you there won't be any other medicaments to continue.

I totally understand that, it's a rather depressing thing to think about though.

Have you ever been on accutane before, I've never even mentioned it to my doctor but I'm seeing him this Tuesday to discuss the possibilty. I've read through a lot of success stories for accutane and it worked for my brother incredibly well.

Nope, but I believe I have done everything in my power to stop acne. Since it didn't work out that well, I'm going to try accutane. I knew from the beginning that accutane was the last resort...

Nope, but I believe I have done everything in my power to stop acne. Since it didn't work out that well, I'm going to try accutane. I knew from the beginning that accutane was the last resort...

Me too, and that's exactly what i'll say to my dermotologist, they can't argue with that. Hopefully!