Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy-33

Tetralysal (Lymecycline) 300 mg once a day log

Going to try keeping a log of this. Been prescribed one a day along with Duac gel which i've been told is a good combination of benzoyl + antibiotic.

My acne rapidly got worse when I came to uni and has now become consistent in its state (alot worse than before uni). Doctor said this was common, and put me on the above medication - in alot of threads most people are taking 2 lymecyclines a day, so i suppose this means my doctor thinks my skin isnt too bad (although it bloody well is) and that i suppose I should wait to see effectfs.

Bit of a late bloomer with puberty, can get away with just shaving off the hairs on my upper lip/chin. However noticed thin hairs on my cheeks and jawline (where i'm getting spots), could this mean something?

Oct 23rd (started). At this time had 2 deep spots (cysts?) which I'd never encountered before which prompted me to see the doctor. Also constantly had little whiteheads popping up everywhere. Most affected areas, cheeks and chin.

Nov 20th ish - Skin seemed to be clearing up daily (but not rapidly) Didnt get nearly as many whiteheads. New acne on jawline.

Dec 4th - gotten worse from the one month stage :( But i guess slightly better than when i started. No deep spots but whiteheads popping up, also jawline spots getting more constant)

Hi there, are you from the UK by any chance, I think we call it Lymecycline over here and it's minoclyne in the US.

Anyway I've been on Lymecycline for about a month and a half on one pill a day. If i'm honest my progress has been up and down in terms of my acne. It started off great and I could see noticable improvements in my skin but now my acne is getting a lot worse. However, in my opinion my acne is always worse in winter anyways.

I'm seeing my doctor in a few days anyway and he will tell me the next step, hopefully I will be upgraded to two pills of Lymecycline a day which i reckon will help. Good luck, it might very well work for you!

Edited by Idioteque

Wow i'm pretty much in the exact same situation as you! Yeah i'm in the UK so I guess we're on the same pill.

Going to see my doctor this week aswell, just like you hoping he'll ask me to take 2 a day (lot of hassle though!)

(Fantastic username by the way, Kid A one of my favourite albums of all time)

Dec 9th - noticed that dont really get new spots on cheeks anymore, just bad scars from my old ones. Still getting new ones on jawline, and horrible whiteheads around lip area which i used to get about a year ago but hadnt seen in ages. Seeing doctor tomorrow morning, hope he tells me to take two a day (feels weird taking one when the reccomended dose is 2)

Dec 10th - been to the doctor who has prescribed me adapelen differin gel 0.1 w/w as well as more one a day lymecycline. dont know whether to start it now or once i've run out of duac, because apparaently the adapalene makes you sensitive to the sun (i'm going to the caribbean over xmas). what do we think guys?

Dec 10th - been to the doctor who has prescribed me adapelen differin gel 0.1 w/w as well as more one a day lymecycline. dont know whether to start it now or once i've run out of duac, because apparaently the adapalene makes you sensitive to the sun (i'm going to the caribbean over xmas). what do we think guys?

Hi Andy,

Just wondering how you're doing now after having taken Lymecycline?

Just started taking it today and am desperate for a success story! FYI - I'm also taking Atralin topically.

Thanks

Wow im also on duac and lymecycline :) just wondered if your still on it? and have you had success?