Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scarface1983

Duac gel side effects 3 months later

Hi,

It's been 3 months since i stopped using Duac gel (Clindamycin phosphate; benzoyl peroxide).. but it's effects are still with me.

This gel essentially dries the skin out, and it probably didn't help that i never used moisturizer while using it. A few days after last using the gel, i noticed a wrinkled area on one side of my face/cheek as well as extreme dryness, and white scaly patches.

The wrinkles have improved 50%, but the area is extremely dry even when moisturizer is applied, which seems to work for half a day, before the dryness apears again.

Could i have caused some permanent damage to my skin?

Any help appreciated.

I've been on Duac for over 2 years, with only a small break this past summer. I get a little dryness, but with moisturizer, that goes away quickly.

Wrinkles? I'm beginning to get them but I wouldn't blame Duac. As long as you don't over wash your face and keep it hydrated, I'm sure your skin will return back to normal. Also, try wearing SPF 15 on a regular basis.

Hi, it's been 6 months and still not much repair. I'm worried this could be permanent damage.

I say it's Duac gel because the wrinkles/dryness came about right after i started using it. It is also on one side of my face.

I should point out that i'm a 23 old male, so the wrinkles are definitely not natural.

Any ideas/solutions appreciated.

Edited by Scarface1983