Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
richard.wt.cheng

Victor's Accutane Log

Introduction

Hi, I decided to create this blog and document my accutane experience and to be a part of this great community. So to introduce myself: my name is Victor, I'm 17 years old, and I'm from Toronto. I've been battling acne ever since the beginning of high school, albeit it wasn't that serious. Then, in my senior year my acne got really bad and over the summer it got progressively worst. So here I am starting accutane..........

I actually started accutane (Clarus) on November 6, 2009 but I just discovered this site recently and I wanted to share my experiences with you all. I think that this is a great community and I want to support others as well.

Week 4 (Day 27)

I finally got my braces off today! :angel: Now I have to get used to the retainers. My face has gotten pretty bad since I started using accutane. Now I won't even look in the mirror anymore, and when I do have to look in the mirror I take my glasses off. I'm not entirely sure if it is the infamous initial breakout but my face definitely has a lot more pimples than before. I think the amount of stress that I'm under may have caused it but I'm not entirely convinced. I have 3 exams in 3 days! I'm actually suppose to be studying right now ;) Forgive me if I don't update that often.

P.S In case you're wondering I'm using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for my face as well as Cetaphil SPF 15 Moisturizer. I think I'm going to be a walking Cetaphil ad after accutane. For my lips I'm using Blistex Lip Conditioner and Vaseline.

Edited by victor_y77

hey, another Canadian!

yeah, getting worse is a good sign, it means it's going to get better once it's cleared out of existing gunk! i got 7 new whiteheads the other day and it reminded me of my high school days when all i did was break out and homework, ha. but, glad it's coming out.

so keep positive during the treatment, and good luck on your exams!

Hey!

I didn't find aquaphor, just Eucerin in a big tub. I haven't found anything in little tubes either. I actually put the tub stuff on my lips before i wash my face, because washing will dry out my lips and i don't want that. BUT if I do see it I will let you know where!

Hey!

I didn't find aquaphor, just Eucerin in a big tub. I haven't found anything in little tubes either. I actually put the tub stuff on my lips before i wash my face, because washing will dry out my lips and i don't want that. BUT if I do see it I will let you know where!

Thanks! If I find it, I'll be sure to let you know. BTW How did you link your log into your sig?

Woo hoo for the IB, it's horrible but you'll get through it. Soon you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Just wanted to say good luck and I'll be following you!

In the little toolbar under the "Welcome Back, your name", go to my Menu then my controls.

Scroll own on the left you'll see 'edit signature'

after trying to link a topic or a post and failing, i just linked the url to my post. yours would be:

[--url=http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Victor-s-Accutane-Log-t254954.html&view=findpost&p=2761027]TYPE SOMETHING HERE

Just remove the -- at the beginning [--url

and you're good to go!

Week 5 (Day 31)

So today's my birthday, I'm finally 18! :dance: Too bad I can't really do anything for my birthday; I still have two more exams to go. I just finished my psych final and it was hard as hell! I just hoped I passed. I have economics tomorrow and calc on Wednesday so I'm going to be really busy the next couple of days.

On the accutane front, I just finished my first box yesterday. It feels so satisfying, every box brings be closer to the end. Is it weird that my doc only scheduled blood work to be done after two months? I've been reading other logs and most people have their blood work done after every month. I don't know, I'll have to ask him about that. My face is still pretty bad; it looks like my face is scarring a bit and getting redder. Today, after my exam, my friends and I were talking about the exam and all I could do was look down while talking to them. It's so depressing. I can't even look at people in the eye anymore , in fear that they are going to look at my grotesque face. Maybe that's why my confidence is so low......Anyways I hope all of you are well.

Happy Birthday!!!

When I was in high school I had many friends who had bad acne, and nobody ever said anything to them about it. Of course there are bullies and others who will bring it up when they want to be hurtful. but in general, people pay half the attention we think they do. and we see ourselves 10 times harsher than others do.

keep your head up, bud!

Week 7 (Day 47)

Computer issues and exams have kept me from posting. So, I just recently finished my first semester of university and I'm waiting for my last two marks to come in. I didn't do too well to say the least, but I'm still looking forward to next semester. Another semester means another chance for redemption. Acne wise, I've been breaking out on my forehead and on my chin. It doesn't really matter to me because I don't have to see anyone in the next two weeks anyways. I've also developed some small bumps on the back of my hands but it seems to have subsided over this past week. So have a Happy Holiday everyone, and remember to keep your head up high.

Edited by victor_y77