Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Need some advice guys!!

SOooooo if any of you know me from a while back... I am pretty onsessed with being healthy and only using natural medicines. However ove rthe past 3 months I have been suffering from really bad headaches so I just recently went to the doctor and got some Xrays done and he confirmed today that I have quite the sinus infection. He said I needed to go on antibiotics... As soon as he said that I cringed... I told him about my concern with taking antibiotics, and he told me he understands and I could try some different meathods but he suggested I just take the meds and get it over with, especialy since I have been suffereing for months. And to be toally honest I am SO SICK of these damn headaches... and for once I think maybe taking the antibitics would be a good thing?? I am just so scared of screwing up my flora and all the hard work I have done trying to get my digestive track healthy.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?? Just take the antibiotics.. or try something natural??

It was in Time Magazine that chlorophyll treatment cures or at least improves sinus infections - even the worst infections. They said in over 1000 tests, they have not had one case where chlorophyll didn't work.

Lemme find the research.

I suggest you google "Sinus infection chlorophyll remedy."

Edited by Dotty1

One short course of antibiotics probably won't kill you. In the mean time, breathing in steamy air and consuming hot liquids might make you more comfortable. You could try nasal irrigation with saline, too. Those things have made me comfortable when I've had bad sinus infections. I think they helped shorten their courses, too.

It was in Time Magazine that chlorophyll treatment cures or at least improves sinus infections - even the worst infections. They said in over 1000 tests, they have not had one case where chlorophyll didn't work.

Lemme find the research.

I suggest you google "Sinus infection chlorophyll remedy."

Oh yeah, I found that too! Thanks! Maybe I should try that??

One short course of antibiotics probably won't kill you. In the mean time, breathing in steamy air and consuming hot liquids might make you more comfortable. You could try nasal irrigation with saline, too. Those things have made me comfortable when I've had bad sinus infections. I think they helped shorten their courses, too.

Thank-you for the advice :) ... AGH! I stiill dont know what to do... the pain is killing me!! But I know I'm going to hate the antibiotics... damnit!! :doh:

I'm so undecided...

Has anyone here taken antibiotitcs reecently??

if you like the natural route why not take natural antibiotics? Raw crushed garlic is the best! It was also known as the Russian penicillin back in WW2

You shouldnt take anti bios for looks. But you should take it for your health. Then your sure you will heal and its the quickest way to get rid of your illness.

SOooooo if any of you know me from a while back... I am pretty onsessed with being healthy and only using natural medicines. However ove rthe past 3 months I have been suffering from really bad headaches so I just recently went to the doctor and got some Xrays done and he confirmed today that I have quite the sinus infection. He said I needed to go on antibiotics... As soon as he said that I cringed... I told him about my concern with taking antibiotics, and he told me he understands and I could try some different meathods but he suggested I just take the meds and get it over with, especialy since I have been suffereing for months. And to be toally honest I am SO SICK of these damn headaches... and for once I think maybe taking the antibitics would be a good thing?? I am just so scared of screwing up my flora and all the hard work I have done trying to get my digestive track healthy.

Antibiotics ruin the equilibrium in your body. Despite what doctors want to make you believe they ruin the balance of good and bad bacteria. Coming off antibiotics is like coming off crack, there ain't no going back...

if you like the natural route why not take natural antibiotics? Raw crushed garlic is the best! It was also known as the Russian penicillin back in WW2

Raw crushed garlic hey? Just eat it??

You shouldnt take anti bios for looks. But you should take it for your health. Then your sure you will heal and its the quickest way to get rid of your illness.

Haha so many different opinions... there is a part or me that wants to take them to get this infection over with, I have had it for two months now.

Antibiotics ruin the equilibrium in your body. Despite what doctors want to make you believe they ruin the balance of good and bad bacteria. Coming off antibiotics is like coming off crack, there ain't no going back...

Welllllll I KNOW that.... that is why I dont want to take them!! But I have been suffering with this pain for 2-3 months now and the natural remedies just arent working! I think it's really set in there!

Raw crushed garlic hey? Just eat it??

Haha so many different opinions... there is a part or me that wants to take them to get this infection over with, I have had it for two months now.

Welllllll I KNOW that.... that is why I dont want to take them!! But I have been suffering with this pain for 2-3 months now and the natural remedies just arent working! I think it's really set in there!

Welllllll you don't seem like you do. Even I refuse to take antibiotics for anything. And you know how crazy I am. People don't understand the situation it causes. Not so much of damage, but it changes you. You could spend the next year guessing on how to make yourself back to normal again after using them. Antibiotics are no joke.

Here's a website I highly recommend:

http://naturalcures.com/Natural-Cures/Sinusitis.aspx

I recently treated a bladder infection WITHOUT antibiotics (thanks to this website).

If you do end up taking the antibiotics, also take a good probiotic to get good bacteria back in your stomach.

Yeah good luck with that. I doubt good bacteria is going to be tricked that easily after you wipe most of it away with the antbiotics. :genius:

I recently treated a bladder infection WITHOUT antibiotics (thanks to this website).

If you do end up taking the antibiotics, also take a good probiotic to get good bacteria back in your stomach.

I checked it out... but it says I have to pay to look at the treatment :(.

thanks for the advice :).

Yeah good luck with that. I doubt good bacteria is going to be tricked that easily after you wipe most of it away with the antbiotics. :genius:

I have restored my natural flora after taking a lot of antibiotics in the past... But obviously I dont cave in to taking antibiotics that easily.

Necro, I'm sure if you were in my state right now you would be considering antibiotics.... I feel horrible and have felt this way for months... I am afraid I have damaged my sinuses by waiting too long to treat it properly. And all the natural remedies arent working.... or dont seem to be anyway. What would YOU DO??

"I checked it out... but it says I have to pay to look at the treatment :(.

thanks for the advice :)."

yeah, I signed up for a month for like $5. It was worth it to me but you can probably Google natural cures for sinus infection and come up with some ideas.

Edited by clc111

Exactly. By taking antibiotics you will be wiping out all bacteria. You can replenish beneficial bacteria lost during antibiotic use by taking probiotics.

I'm not following you on how you are tricking good bacteria?