Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joga

Should you be shaving less or more frequently while taking accutane??

I was just wondering if it is more ideal to shave lesss or more while taking accutane because either or can irritate your face in different ways...thanks

I am wondering this to since I just started accutane yesterday and just had my second pill.

My facial hair grows back pretty quickly and when I have a beard I look messed up with my acne so I would like to know if I could shave or not.

I might just grow out a beard lol...If i decide not to im just going to use the trimmer on my electric shaver as it is so much less rough on the skin, plus I like the stubbel look so it works out well.

shave after you've been in the shower for 5 minutes.. the steam makes the hair stand up much more making it much easier to shave. I also think that its less irritating on the whole.

shave after you've been in the shower for 5 minutes.. the steam makes the hair stand up much more making it much easier to shave. I also think that its less irritating on the whole.

Personally, I've gone from shaving daily to shaving every two days, making sure I use a newish sharp razor with sensitive skin shave gel. I've also changed to shaving at night rather than in the morning so I can slap on a good layer of E45 afterwards and let it dry. (no time limit like going to work in the morning)