Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peacezotch

Would subcision work? Pic inside.

post-52679-1259880553_thumb.jpg

Can anybody tell me what kind of scarring I have? I know I have the obvious red marks and large pores, but would the indents be considered rolling scars?

Would subcision work best for this?

Thanks in advance.

post-52679-1259880553_thumb.jpg

Edited by peacezotch

I think you scars are are bit too small for subcision. The ice picks won't work. The boxcars may get slight improvement. The craters may respond the best but I think they are a bit too small. I think using a smaller needle for subcision may work though.

I think you scars are are bit too small for subcision. The ice picks won't work. The boxcars may get slight improvement. The craters may respond the best but I think they are a bit too small. I think using a smaller needle for subcision may work though.

Heya, you have mostly ice picks and boxcar scars, the same as me....a lot of people are starting to post pics of similar scarring. why dont you try tca cross?

given you have been recommended needling by acnepwns, tca cross is just an extension of this. instead of a needle, you use a wooden toothpick and dip it into some tca acid. it causes more damage and a greater collagen response, thus improving your scars to a greater degree.

its by far the best and cheapest option for repairing your type of scars. have a read through the boards on this site and the before and after pics. you wont be disappointed.

all the best :)

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

Thanks everybody for you insights, it really helped clarify a lot!

Monkey, I have TCA cross and have tried it a couple of times. I think I have to be more consistent with it though! I would use it once and wait 6 months or so before doing it again, so I really didn't see results. I may try it again since I have most of the bottle left. I usually put neosporin on the places I do the TCA, right after I finish. Do you think this is effective, or should I use something else, or leave it dry?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks everybody for you insights, it really helped clarify a lot!

Monkey, I have TCA cross and have tried it a couple of times. I think I have to be more consistent with it though! I would use it once and wait 6 months or so before doing it again, so I really didn't see results. I may try it again since I have most of the bottle left. I usually put neosporin on the places I do the TCA, right after I finish. Do you think this is effective, or should I use something else, or leave it dry?

Thanks in advance.

no worries. ive always put things on it, like layers of neosporin and the scabs feel off shortly after. there seems to be a clear link between leaving cream on them and them either not scabbing or the scabs forming off to quickly. id leave them dry and see if they scab up. once the scabs fall off youd be able to apply anything youd like :)