Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shan21

I think digestion is key

Hi, so i have bben a member here since 2007 but never actually posted anything as i felt i had no imput that could help others and i was reading for a cure myself. Anyways i have had Acne since i was 13 and am now 24. I have done all the usual things and have been on Acutane on two seperate occasions which helped a lot but it was only temporary. In the last year or so i have been really strict on my diet and my skin has shown dramatic improvement but still breakout and is very frustrating then a couple of weeks ago i was really constipated so i got hold of some Aloe Vera Colon cleanse tablets and took those for a week and not only did it help my stomach but my skin also cleared up and i had no active acne. As soon as i stopped taking them my skin broke out again. I am now convinced that my digestive system is the key to clearing my skin but i dont know if its safe to take colon cleanse tablets forever so i need an alternative solution. I am a slim guy and so i think my body processes food really quickly but then cant eliminate it properly so it decides to use my face as an exit route.

Has anyone else found that regular bowl movements(and i mean regular) has cleared there skin.

Cheers for your time and i look forward to any thoughts.

Shan

P.s. I have ordered some broccoli pills to see if that helps instead of colon cleanse. has anyone had success with these???

hey im in a similar boat to you. 23yrs old, skinny 6ft 150lb, had acne + rosacea for about 10 yrs now. Been on accutane with temporary results. Really considering going back to basics and trying to naturally heal.

Where did you get the Aloe Vera tablets from? local or online? What sort of things have you eliminated from your diet? I try to eat less acidic things and more neutral to alkaline. So far thats the only long term change i have made.

hey im in a similar boat to you. 23yrs old, skinny 6ft 150lb, had acne + rosacea for about 10 yrs now. Been on accutane with temporary results. Really considering going back to basics and trying to naturally heal.

Where did you get the Aloe Vera tablets from? local or online? What sort of things have you eliminated from your diet? I try to eat less acidic things and more neutral to alkaline. So far thats the only long term change i have made.

I have cut out sugar and dairy wherever possible and just try to eat as much unprocessed food as possible. When i have meat i have chicken or fish most the time as these are easier to digest. I got the Aloe tablets from Holland & Barrett or boots but im in the UK so i dont know if its different where you are. I find it hard to stick to one plan though if i dont find instant results so i think i can be my skins worst enemy at times.

Hi, so i have bben a member here since 2007 but never actually posted anything as i felt i had no imput that could help others and i was reading for a cure myself. Anyways i have had Acne since i was 13 and am now 24. I have done all the usual things and have been on Acutane on two seperate occasions which helped a lot but it was only temporary. In the last year or so i have been really strict on my diet and my skin has shown dramatic improvement but still breakout and is very frustrating then a couple of weeks ago i was really constipated so i got hold of some Aloe Vera Colon cleanse tablets and took those for a week and not only did it help my stomach but my skin also cleared up and i had no active acne. As soon as i stopped taking them my skin broke out again. I am now convinced that my digestive system is the key to clearing my skin but i dont know if its safe to take colon cleanse tablets forever so i need an alternative solution. I am a slim guy and so i think my body processes food really quickly but then cant eliminate it properly so it decides to use my face as an exit route.

Has anyone else found that regular bowl movements(and i mean regular) has cleared there skin.

Cheers for your time and i look forward to any thoughts.

Shan

P.s. I have ordered some broccoli pills to see if that helps instead of colon cleanse. has anyone had success with these???

I drop at least 3 bombs daily. I think being constipated leads to sores on the skin like bumps, not so much in acne. These bumps are the feces trying to leave the body. But since you aren't doing the job, it finds other ways to ddo the job.

:dance: