Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mindwitch

does meal replacement drinks like nutrament cause acne?

i recently got a box full of nutrament so that i would be able to take it in times that i'm out and hungry and unable to get a decent meal till i reach home. but in reading the contents i find that it contains alot of milk and sugar despite its loads of nutrients....so i have to confirm, would nutrament encourage more break outs?

There are other current threads on similar subjects in the moderate and severe acne forums. I think it depends on what aggravates your skin personally. What makes mine worse may not affect yours, etc. But I do think that supplements play a role, especially meal replacement and protein/creatine shakes. If you look at the ingredients label, there are a lot of potential irritants, not just milk or dairy products. I haven't heard of that particular type of shake that you mention, but it's highly likely that it would cause more problems. I would suggest trying more whole foods options. Prep quick snack bags - fresh cut veggies for example, or pre-cook some chicken breasts at the beginning of the week so you can grab n' go, that sort of thing. Planning ahead is always the key to any healthy diet and lifestyle, and that includes skin care!