Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teddybear:)

does your skin get "HOOKED" ON BP???!?!?!?

i am just asking because for the future if i notice less break outs i want to stop using BP in the future. if so for people that stopped the BP how did you do it? do you slowly use less amount of BP per week until your off it or completely stop it??? i am 19 right now and my parents had acne as well and they told me at certain age they grew out of acne. so i was wondering would i be using BP for rest of my life?

Edited by teddybear:)

You can slowly lessen the amount of BP, but you will always have to use some. BP works by oxidizing the pores so that bacteria cannot live; without that, nothing is happening.

i am 19 right now and my parents had acne as well and they told me at certain age they grew out of acne. so i was wondering would i be using BP for rest of my life?

That's what all parents tell their kids, and that's what my parents have been telling me for the past 10 years. Except I am 26 now and I still visit this site.

BP is like a bicycle - once you get on it, you can't come off without falling.

They say that when you stop BP, acne returns with full fury.

I've used the regimen for about a year. About a month and a half ago, I stopped using bp for three weeks just to see what would happen. The first week, my face was fine, no acne. Weeks 2-3 I had a few active spots, but nothing serious at all. I was debating even starting to use bp again since apparently my acne's not even 1/4 as bad now as it used to be. I started again though since I wanted to be acne free, and I'll try again in a couple months.

So anyway, no, your face doesn't become dependent on bp.

BP is like a bicycle - once you get on it, you can't come off without falling.

LOL. That is only true if you can't ride a bicycle. Not a good analogy, I'm afraid. :P