Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mmmmichelle

Want a foundation with good coverage and that won't cause breakouts?

Hey Everyone,

I'm a 24 year-old girl and I have been using foundation for like 10 years. I have tried many brands, coverage, textures... and here's what I think about some of them. I'm very light skinned, my skin is pretty oily but sometimes dry due to the products I use (stievamycin or bp, etc.). Just remember to use oil free foundation, after that, you just have to try which one works best for you.

The one I'm using now: Dermablend from Vichy (corrective foundation)

I really believe it has the best coverage and it never makes me breakout. The texture is pretty thick but it is made to be "spreadable" so you can put just a little bit and pretty much cover (almost) your whole face. It covers scars really well. It is not perfumed and its hypoallergenic. Perhaps it's better to use it in autumn/winter since it covers a lot, but its good in summer too, you can just use less. It costs about 28$CAD and lasts a couple months. It is expensive but it's worth it since you really don't need to use a lot, especially compared to other brands where you need to layer to actually cover scars. I mix two colors to have my exact shade (opal and nude). If you like colorstay by Revlon (i used it a couple years ago), you will surely like this one. It's a but like Colorstay, only better.

Another good one is Normateint, also by Vichy. This one has a "sebum-proof" texture and it's "anti-imperfection". It is also hypo-allergenic. I almost like this one as much as dermablend; I prefer Dermablend because it's a bit thicker and it spreads really well. Normateint is a bit more liquid and i find i tend to use more... I think it's a matter of taste. This one kind of has a better smell, it smells fresher I would say. That's also because the other one doesn't smell like anything!

If you're in a good skin "phase", you might also try Chanel Mat Lumière (long lasting luminous matte fluid foundation). The texture is great and it makes skin look luminous and healthy. The thing is, I find it only looks ok if you have a couple zits. Like I said, it's better to use on the clearest skin possible. If you're in a good phase, give it a try, it won't cause breakouts and it will make your skin look beautiful. If you're in a bad phase, I would use Dermablend or this next foundation.

In the summer or if you prefer less coverage, Couvrance by Avène is really good (fluid foundation corrector). It's oil-free and made for sensitive skin. It didn't cause me any pimples and I liked to use it in summer. The texture is very light and it's easy to put on. Very good choice if you like a light-medium coverage.

These choices I didn't love so much but you might want to check out. Might be good for you:

Stila natural finish oil-free makeup: it's a medium coverage foundation. It is very liquid so you have to like that. Personnally I didn't like it because I find I use too much and it also smells like makeup (like MAC, if you know what I mean...). It didn't cause zits, but I wouldn't buy it again because of the texture. Otherwise, I think it's not a bad choice but I would suggest one of the 4 I mentionned before.

I also tried Stay Matte from Rimmel. It gives medium coverage, texture is cool, not liquid, spreads well. It's oil-free, non-comedogenic, paraben free, etc. If you don't want to spend 25$ on a foundation, I think this is probably one of the best choices (around 8$). It won't cause breakouts and it's cheap, so try it if you're on a low budget!

Last one: Mineral Power liquid by Maybelline. It is NOT oil-free and I didn't like it. Like I wanted to like it because its cheap and its mineral (and I thought it was oil-free), but it really didnt work for me. I wanted to mention it because I still have it at home and I wanted to share with you that it will give you more pimples if you use it!! Maybe not, but it did for me and I don't recommend it.

Anyway, it is Xmas soon and if you can't pay for an expensive foundation, ask Santa Claus! Ask for Dermablend, Normateint or Couvrance and it won't be disapointed. My favorite is Dermablend because it gives me flawless skin, it covers my pimples, spots, scars, it's easy to apply, you don't need to use much if you spread it, and most importantly, it won't irritate your skin and cause more pimples!!!

post-117704-1259804381_thumb.jpg

post-117704-1259804381_thumb.jpg

Hey Everyone,

I'm a 24 year-old girl and I have been using foundation for like 10 years. I have tried many brands, coverage, textures... and here's what I think about some of them. I'm very light skinned, my skin is pretty oily but sometimes dry due to the products I use (stievamycin or bp, etc.). Just remember to use oil free foundation, after that, you just have to try which one works best for you.

The one I'm using now: Dermablend from Vichy (corrective foundation)

I really believe it has the best coverage and it never makes me breakout. The texture is pretty thick but it is made to be "spreadable" so you can put just a little bit and pretty much cover (almost) your whole face. It covers scars really well. It is not perfumed and its hypoallergenic. Perhaps it's better to use it in autumn/winter since it covers a lot, but its good in summer too, you can just use less. It costs about 28$CAD and lasts a couple months. It is expensive but it's worth it since you really don't need to use a lot, especially compared to other brands where you need to layer to actually cover scars. I mix two colors to have my exact shade (opal and nude). If you like colorstay by Revlon (i used it a couple years ago), you will surely like this one. It's a but like Colorstay, only better.

Another good one is Normateint, also by Vichy. This one has a "sebum-proof" texture and it's "anti-imperfection". It is also hypo-allergenic. I almost like this one as much as dermablend; I prefer Dermablend because it's a bit thicker and it spreads really well. Normateint is a bit more liquid and i find i tend to use more... I think it's a matter of taste. This one kind of has a better smell, it smells fresher I would say. That's also because the other one doesn't smell like anything!

If you're in a good skin "phase", you might also try Chanel Mat Lumière (long lasting luminous matte fluid foundation). The texture is great and it makes skin look luminous and healthy. The thing is, I find it only looks ok if you have a couple zits. Like I said, it's better to use on the clearest skin possible. If you're in a good phase, give it a try, it won't cause breakouts and it will make your skin look beautiful. If you're in a bad phase, I would use Dermablend or this next foundation.

In the summer or if you prefer less coverage, Couvrance by Avène is really good (fluid foundation corrector). It's oil-free and made for sensitive skin. It didn't cause me any pimples and I liked to use it in summer. The texture is very light and it's easy to put on. Very good choice if you like a light-medium coverage.

These choices I didn't love so much but you might want to check out. Might be good for you:

Stila natural finish oil-free makeup: it's a medium coverage foundation. It is very liquid so you have to like that. Personnally I didn't like it because I find I use too much and it also smells like makeup (like MAC, if you know what I mean...). It didn't cause zits, but I wouldn't buy it again because of the texture. Otherwise, I think it's not a bad choice but I would suggest one of the 4 I mentionned before.

I also tried Stay Matte from Rimmel. It gives medium coverage, texture is cool, not liquid, spreads well. It's oil-free, non-comedogenic, paraben free, etc. If you don't want to spend 25$ on a foundation, I think this is probably one of the best choices (around 8$). It won't cause breakouts and it's cheap, so try it if you're on a low budget!

Last one: Mineral Power liquid by Maybelline. It is NOT oil-free and I didn't like it. Like I wanted to like it because its cheap and its mineral (and I thought it was oil-free), but it really didnt work for me. I wanted to mention it because I still have it at home and I wanted to share with you that it will give you more pimples if you use it!! Maybe not, but it did for me and I don't recommend it.

Anyway, it is Xmas soon and if you can't pay for an expensive foundation, ask Santa Claus! Ask for Dermablend, Normateint or Couvrance and it won't be disapointed. My favorite is Dermablend because it gives me flawless skin, it covers my pimples, spots, scars, it's easy to apply, you don't need to use much if you spread it, and most importantly, it won't irritate your skin and cause more pimples!!!

Hey Michelle! So Dermablend works well for people with oily skin? :)

I used dermablend years ago and yes it does work for oily skin and it stays on well and I was queen of oily. If its the same as it was, it is a thick cream that comes with a tiny spacula so you put a little bit in your palm and soften it and spread it on with your fingertips, so you don't contaminate the whole container. A little does last a long time. I am thinking of getting it again, but it is pricey and I need a salesperson to help me chose the right color this time because I always pick too light!

Yeah I believe it works really well. My skin is pretty oily in general (i put on foundation in the morning and by noon my face is already oily) and I find Dermablend gives me a natural look. Actually, it's even better if your skin is not dry because it will be very hard to spread around. It's not an "easy" foundation, since you need some practice to spread it well and achieve the "perfect" skin look but it is well worth it. Use the one in a tube, unless you have some SERIOUS scars, then use the one that comes with the spatula.

Good luck!

post-117704-1260590007_thumb.jpg

post-117704-1260590007_thumb.jpg