Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chaucer

Intense pain, redness and dryness.

I've been on the regimen for about three weeks now, but switched from a cream benzoyl peroxide product to a gel based one around a week ago. My skin had settled, and was fine and without irritation prior to the switch, but now it is incredibly red, dry, flaky and painful. This is especially true around the folds of my nose, and under my mouth. Around the folds of my nose I am getting white spots, which seem to be just skin.

I am merely wondering whether I should push through this horrid period, or whether I need to discontinue use. I would be fine with it, if it weren't for the horrific pain after applying the benzoyl peroxide. I'm definitely not allergic to it, so that isn't an issue.

I would, but it is insanely expensive, and as a student I can't afford to keep up paying that much. I do realise that it would be the logical thing to do though.

Are there any other BP treatments that you could try instead? What's the name of the BP that you're using now? What were you using before?

Maybe there will be some UK members that will offer advice on BP treatments they've used.

im using panoxyl, harsh but seems okay. skin is very red, still flakey too...oh well, i will wait and see.