Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aliass

Fresh Orange Juice = Breakout?

Hey people

I've been avoiding all dairy for about 3 weeks now and only using the regimen at night and it has been going brilliantly. I'm still getting the odd spots but they are small ones I can live with!

However the other day, I woke up and helped myself to Orange juice from the fridge. I touched my face in uni and felt a horrible 'under the skin spot' just under my nose.

Now I haven't got one of these in 3/4 weeks since I cut dairy out as that guarantees them, it's these kinda spots that keep me inside the house...

Could orange juice be a trigger? I know it's high in sugar but sugar doesn't usually effect me, just dairy?

Orange juice is a HUGE trigger for me. One of my worst cystic breakouts was from drinking some orange juice. The sugar content is way too high and orange juice is very acidic. I would recommend staying away from it if you can!

Hey people

I've been avoiding all dairy for about 3 weeks now and only using the regimen at night and it has been going brilliantly. I'm still getting the odd spots but they are small ones I can live with!

However the other day, I woke up and helped myself to Orange juice from the fridge. I touched my face in uni and felt a horrible 'under the skin spot' just under my nose.

Now I haven't got one of these in 3/4 weeks since I cut dairy out as that guarantees them, it's these kinda spots that keep me inside the house...

Could orange juice be a trigger? I know it's high in sugar but sugar doesn't usually effect me, just dairy?

OJ is my kryptonite (since I'm a superhero). It is very acidic and causes not acne but cysts and skin irritations. Stick with milk and water and you can be strong and clear!

:genius: