Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vidvan

Acne clearing with just Warm water?

Well... basically, for around a week or so I've banned all types of Cleansers/toners or any other chemical from touching my face apart from Moisturiser obviously and the results seem to be rather brilliant. I've been using cleansers such as Zirh, Freederm, Tea tree Gel, Cetaphil and many other brands and all of them seemed to make my Very Mild Acne breakout quite badly. My cheek and nose area would be the worst hit as they'd turn very red and would break out with spots and whitheads under the eye area. But, now that I've stopped and just washed my face with Warm water only at night my face has calmed down considerably. The redness is fading the spots are vanishing and the whiteheads are already starting to go... I just thought I'd post it here incase other people were in the same situation as me.

post-117374-1259787257_thumb.jpg

post-117374-1259787257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vidvan

Your skin was probably aggrivated by all the products you used. It does need a break every now and then, so stopping using them for a bit was probably a good idea. It needs to heal. :)

Just thought I'd update you all.

It's been 7 days since I've been washing my face with just warm water and the results seem very good so far. I haven't had any new spots form and the old ones that were there are dissapearing, also.. the red marks around my cheek and nose area seem to be toning down ever so slightly. I've applied some Extra virgin olive oil to my face to basically moisturise and to see how it combats my red blemishes.

Really, olive oil? I haven't heard of using that before. Interesting. I have oily skin, I usually avoid oily type products, but I did order some jojoba oil after reading so much praise about it here. Glad you are having such success! I noticed that only rinsing my face with cold water in the morning makes it much healthier looking than when I was with a cleanser, even a mild one like cetaphil. Weird, isn't it? Sometimes being "dirtier" is better! LOL!!

Really, olive oil? I haven't heard of using that before. Interesting. I have oily skin, I usually avoid oily type products, but I did order some jojoba oil after reading so much praise about it here. Glad you are having such success! I noticed that only rinsing my face with cold water in the morning makes it much healthier looking than when I was with a cleanser, even a mild one like cetaphil. Weird, isn't it? Sometimes being "dirtier" is better! LOL!!

Exactly. I can't see how putting all these cleansers with 20 plus chemicals in the ingredients on your face does it any good. I'm going to try this method for a month and see how it goes I guess, the only real problem I'm left with are these damn whiteheads which were caused by the harsh cleansers I used but I guess they'll vanish as my skin renews.

I also only use water nowadays. :D But sometimes I use ACV as a toner.

Tip: Drink tons of Green tea!!!!!!

Ya know, I drink a lot of green tea (at least 4 cups a day) but it doesn't seem to help. My rooibos tea should arrive tomorrow via UPS. It's supposed to be way more effective than green tea. I ordered it from the Republic of Tea (Get Gorgeous is the name). But I've heard others have found it at their local stores, too.