Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
masp

Wrinkles & Tight Feeling!

Been on the Regimen for a week or so now, there is no redness/irritation anymore....

... but, my face is so tight and have wrinkles when I squint... will it go??

Thanks

Eventually, your skin will adjust to the BP and won't feel so dry and tight. In the interim, make sure you're using plenty of moisturizer (adding some jojoba oil might help, too).

i use jojoba and plenty of moisturiser...

Like or example, Dan, I wonder if his face feels tight and uncomfortable?

I mean, I would love to rid of my acne, and have a clear complexion... but, I dont want to feel uncomfortable when I wash my face and there is no jojoba on it

My face felt pretty tight and strange early on in The Regimen, too. I've been using it for more than a year and a half now, though, and my skin feels great. Not dry or tight at all. Just really healthy (and clear).

Give it time. Your skin just needs to adjust to the BP.

I was really worried my first week too. I had wrinkles near my eyes and they looked really deep when I laughed or squinted. Eventually the skin will adjust and will feel normal! I never thought my skin would actually regain it's texture, it was so patchy and dry, but it has! Good luck on the regimen! :)

Edited by californialovin

hi i have the wrinkling when i laugh now from using bp....it just showed up overnight. So did your wrinkling when u smile go away?? I'm really worried because i didnt have these creases under my eyes when i smile last week. how long did it take for the wrinkling when you smile to go away??

hi i have the wrinkling when i laugh now from using bp....it just showed up overnight. So did your wrinkling when u smile go away?? I'm really worried because i didnt have these creases under my eyes when i smile last week. how long did it take for the wrinkling when you smile to go away??

Wrinkling caused from dry skin will eventually resolve once the dryness issue is resolved. Try adding some extra jojoba oil to your moisturizer. And check out this topic from the FAQ section. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#wrinkles

and

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#dry

Hope that helps.

Cool, so even when using the BP now, your skin feels nice, normal and not tight?!

Go to Cest's profile and check out her pictures. It's enough to make anyone without acne want to get on the regimen. :)

Cool, so even when using the BP now, your skin feels nice, normal and not tight?!

Go to Cest's profile and check out her pictures. It's enough to make anyone without acne want to get on the regimen. :)

Awww, lol! : )

i have the same problem with my neck and i've noticed that more time outdoors seems to make it worse. it's currently winter so i'm not sure if its the cold or the sun causing it actually. i'm a teacher and notice that when i go outside to do lunch duty on consecutive days my neck becomes very dry and wrinkly looking when i wake up in the morning. the moisturizer and aha combo makes it go away but it is kind of annoying to wake up with daily.