Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duelingdragons

At my wits end... :(

Hello all,

This is my first post here.

My name is Brian, and I'm 24 years old. I never really had problems with persistent acne during my teenage years (I had the occasional pimple or two around my mouth, etc.), but in the past two years, I have developed a persistent problem with acne, 99% of it focused SOLELY on my forehead.

It has basically ruined my self-confidence. I avoid having my picture taken, and I honestly try to avoid going to social gatherings during the day, since sunlight only accentuates the problem. My family/friends/girlfriend tell me its not that bad, but I can't even bare to look at myself in a mirror most times.

I have tried just about every OTC combination possible (Proactiv, etc.), and I have been to the dermatologist several times. They have prescribed me with oral medication (Doxycycline/Clindamycin), as well as Benzaclin (Benzoyl Peroxide/Clindamycin) topical solution.

I have also tried changing my diet, drinking tons of water, giving up soda, and as I suspected, nothing really works.

It does go away from time to time, but it always flares back up.

It makes me so intensly uncomfortable, and I have had enough. I have done research on acne and treatments for well over a year now, and I think it might be time for me to try isotretinoin.

I know some of the side effects CAN BE horrifying, but honestly, the thoughts of this acne sticking with me is even more so.

I was just wondering if anyone here had any pointers? Any suggestions as to what I should do? I just made an appointment with my dermatologist for tomorrow, to talk about other treatments for my skin.

Sorry if my story sounds like the hundreds of others that I'm sure are already out there, but I just felt the need to share my story.

Thanks!

Also, I have included a picture of my forehead to demonstrate my woes. (includes super dry skin thanks to benzaclin!)

img0549t.jpg

Hello all,

This is my first post here.

My name is Brian, and I'm 24 years old. I never really had problems with persistent acne during my teenage years (I had the occasional pimple or two around my mouth, etc.), but in the past two years, I have developed a persistent problem with acne, 99% of it focused SOLELY on my forehead.

It has basically ruined my self-confidence. I avoid having my picture taken, and I honestly try to avoid going to social gatherings during the day, since sunlight only accentuates the problem. My family/friends/girlfriend tell me its not that bad, but I can't even bare to look at myself in a mirror most times.

I have tried just about every OTC combination possible (Proactiv, etc.), and I have been to the dermatologist several times. They have prescribed me with oral medication (Doxycycline/Clindamycin), as well as Benzaclin (Benzoyl Peroxide/Clindamycin) topical solution.

I have also tried changing my diet, drinking tons of water, giving up soda, and as I suspected, nothing really works.

It does go away from time to time, but it always flares back up.

It makes me so intensly uncomfortable, and I have had enough. I have done research on acne and treatments for well over a year now, and I think it might be time for me to try isotretinoin.

I know some of the side effects CAN BE horrifying, but honestly, the thoughts of this acne sticking with me is even more so.

I was just wondering if anyone here had any pointers? Any suggestions as to what I should do? I just made an appointment with my dermatologist for tomorrow, to talk about other treatments for my skin.

Sorry if my story sounds like the hundreds of others that I'm sure are already out there, but I just felt the need to share my story.

Thanks!

Also, I have included a picture of my forehead to demonstrate my woes. (includes super dry skin thanks to benzaclin!)

img0549t.jpg

This is what has worked for me, when nothing else has, Raw Manuka Honey. I spread the honey on my face and then add a little water to make it easier to spread. I leave the honey on as long as possible. I do this in the morning and at night. I rinse it off with tepid water. Acne is healed and so are the marks left behind from the acne. Raw Manuka honey is high in hydrogen peroxide. The hydrogen peroxide kills the bacteria that causes acne and it must be bleaching the red marks left behind. I take one tablespoon twice daily of the honey internally and that kills the bad bacteria in the body that causes the acne.

Be healed with Raw Manuka Honey.

Your story sounds VERY similar to mine.

I'm 24, never had acne throughout middle school/high school/college. Other than the few normal zits here and there maybe, but nothing major.

Recently (probably since this past 4th of July) I've had some pretty obnoxious breakouts on my forehead. They're not like normal zits, they're just red bumps where most of the time they don't have whiteheads. The only way I can explain them are knots, mostly right above the eyebrow area and some in random spots on the forehead. Some normal pimples that do form whiteheads eventually as well.

I've tried cutting out soda intake entirely. At first I though this was my problem because I would clear up, but it would just be a coincidence and break out again later. I'm not much of a sweets eater so that's never really been a problem for me.

Currently I'm on Proactive and it did seem to be working out for me, but I still break out randomly on my forehead and on top of that I have overly dried skin. I've also tried Murad which seemed nice at first, didn't dry my skin at all and I though it was working, but I don't think it was, still broke out while using it.

Most of all BP seems to work best for me, but I still break out. I wash my face once in the morning and once at night EVERY night, I don't do much of anything differently. Like I said I'm currently using Proactive, which is pretty similar to the Acne.org regimen, though once I've used what I have of it up I'm going to purchase the kit from here and see how well that one works.

I'm really struggling to find out what is going on.

Your story sounds VERY similar to mine.

I'm 24, never had acne throughout middle school/high school/college. Other than the few normal zits here and there maybe, but nothing major.

Recently (probably since this past 4th of July) I've had some pretty obnoxious breakouts on my forehead. They're not like normal zits, they're just red bumps where most of the time they don't have whiteheads. The only way I can explain them are knots, mostly right above the eyebrow area and some in random spots on the forehead. Some normal pimples that do form whiteheads eventually as well.

I've tried cutting out soda intake entirely. At first I though this was my problem because I would clear up, but it would just be a coincidence and break out again later. I'm not much of a sweets eater so that's never really been a problem for me.

Currently I'm on Proactive and it did seem to be working out for me, but I still break out randomly on my forehead and on top of that I have overly dried skin. I've also tried Murad which seemed nice at first, didn't dry my skin at all and I though it was working, but I don't think it was, still broke out while using it.

Most of all BP seems to work best for me, but I still break out. I wash my face once in the morning and once at night EVERY night, I don't do much of anything differently. Like I said I'm currently using Proactive, which is pretty similar to the Acne.org regimen, though once I've used what I have of it up I'm going to purchase the kit from here and see how well that one works.

I'm really struggling to find out what is going on.

its not really the products that you use but...how u use them (ofcourse the right products are necessary) just remember that they key to this acne.org regimen is doing it religiously and precisely even waiting for the bp to dry and also starting of with little bp then gradually increasing!...and also i really never had a dry and peeling skin but once...and thats because i made sure my skin was always well mouisturized and i think the jojoba oil helped alot....but you don't need it unless your really dry and it makes my skin feel soft!

well if you need any more advice just comment me or ask!

also be patient :)

Well for one i wouldn't pick at it. That will just make it redder and worse.

As for the dryness, your dermatologist can probably recommend you one, though I'd just get a medication that doesn't make your skin so dry instead. Also, you can try rinsing your face every day with cold water. Try not to have too many chemicals on your face either.

Besides talking to your doctor about what meds you should take, you could wear a beanie or something if you are really self conscious. That or grow your hair longer. I know those two ideas probably suck, but they might help a little.

Oh, I know this may be hard sometimes, but if you have a happy attitude around your friends then they won't really care how you look just who you are. It sounds cheesy, but it's proven to work, to me, at least, in my past.

It's not that bad and I'm sure with the right stuff it'll get better. :3