Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chromeo

Question on Green Cream

Couple questions:

For those who have used Green Cream, what exactly does it do to your face?

Does it have good results?

What process does it make your face go through?

Most importantly, does it clear your T-zone of blackheads and non-inflammed acne?

Does it smooth out holes, scars, and discoloration on your face?

Is it just a cream you put on at night after washing your face? Or does it require more than that?

Does it dry your skin?

Also important, are there any possible side effects?

Hope someone can answer some of these before I buy it. I have HORRIBLY OILY skin with tons of blackheads on my nose. Just started using a Paulas choice regimen hoping her products would consume my oily skin and rid of blackheads. But so far my face is even shinier than before!! Ive tried so much and nothing works. I just need something that will clear my very oily skin and clear up these blackheads and holes on my face.

Edited by chromeo

I'm subscribed to Paula's Beutypedia site, and she does not recommend Green Cream.

It contains way too much alcohol, which just causes free radical damage, irritation and excessive dryness.

You're better off sticking to one of her BHA liquids.

I've been using green cream for about 4 months now (slowly increasing to level 9). It has been my personal savior. My forehead is completely clear, all that is left now is some spotting on my cheeks. The red marks are fading slowly and the only place I get any real acne is along my hair line if I'm not careful to get the cream close enough. I still get a cyst once in a while around my chin, but that's hormones so I'm not expecting any magic there.

The only side effects I have noticed is the skin peeling at first and then the pale skin. Since you are basically removing the top layer of your skin, tanning doesn't last more than a few weeks. I am really pale right now, but I just need to get outside more.

The oiliness gets worse at first because the pores are finally opening up, but for me it's getting better. It is oh so slow, but so worth it. My sister is using the leftovers I have from levels 3 and 6 six because she sees the difference in my skin.

Note: I also use Paula's 2% BHA, but I found that is not enough for my stubborn blackheads. I recommend you search for the LionQueen's thread about it, since I layer the BHA and the green cream together like she does.

I've been using green cream for about 4 months now (slowly increasing to level 9). It has been my personal savior. My forehead is completely clear, all that is left now is some spotting on my cheeks. The red marks are fading slowly and the only place I get any real acne is along my hair line if I'm not careful to get the cream close enough. I still get a cyst once in a while around my chin, but that's hormones so I'm not expecting any magic there.

The only side effects I have noticed is the skin peeling at first and then the pale skin. Since you are basically removing the top layer of your skin, tanning doesn't last more than a few weeks. I am really pale right now, but I just need to get outside more.

The oiliness gets worse at first because the pores are finally opening up, but for me it's getting better. It is oh so slow, but so worth it. My sister is using the leftovers I have from levels 3 and 6 six because she sees the difference in my skin.

Note: I also use Paula's 2% BHA, but I found that is not enough for my stubborn blackheads. I recommend you search for the LionQueen's thread about it, since I layer the BHA and the green cream together like she does.

hi daffodilia

are you still using green cream and is it still working ok. ive been using it for nearly 3 weeks now and im quite happy with in. i havent had any peeling or dry skin, i am on level 3 tho. have you had any purging aswell?

thanx

I used Green Cream level 3 for about a month but abandoned it as it broke me out it huge spots after a couple of weeks.

Awful.

I used Green Cream level 3 for about a month but abandoned it as it broke me out it huge spots after a couple of weeks.

Awful.

I wouldn't give up so easily. I broke out pretty badly for probably 8-12 weeks before everything finally cleared up. I worked my way up from level 3 to level 6, which i've been using now for almost 5 months. I'm now starting to work level 9 in to see if i cant improve even more. Even with level 6, my skin has never been better. I have unbelievably oily skin (I use toilet paper to dab the oil off my face every couple hours!) and had blackheads everywhere on my face. I would get really bad clogged pores that would turn into big, hard nodules. These days, it is pretty rare that I get any bad clogged pores. I still have some blackheads, but they are much, much less noticeable!! My skin tone is much more even too!

The only reason I even came on the forums was to buy some more BP. For whatever reason I decided to browse a little and see what was going on here.

All i use is Dan's BP in the morning and Green Cream at night. I don't even use any cleanser or moisturizer. I just wash with warm water before applying product. It's winter now (im in wisconsin) and still my skin does not get dry or peel. For me it's turned out to be the perfect combo.

I would also like to add that I used Paula's choice 2% BHA for almost a year before switching to green cream. Paula's was decent, but didn't have even close to the impact that the green cream did. If you have really oily skin and lots of blackheads, my vote would be for green cream

Awful.

I wouldn't give up so easily. I broke out pretty badly for probably 8-12 weeks before everything finally cleared up. I worked my way up from level 3 to level 6, which i've been using now for almost 5 months. I'm now starting to work level 9 in to see if i cant improve even more. Even with level 6, my skin has never been better. I have unbelievably oily skin (I use toilet paper to dab the oil off my face every couple hours!) and had blackheads everywhere on my face. I would get really bad clogged pores that would turn into big, hard nodules. These days, it is pretty rare that I get any bad clogged pores. I still have some blackheads, but they are much, much less noticeable!! My skin tone is much more even too!

The only reason I even came on the forums was to buy some more BP. For whatever reason I decided to browse a little and see what was going on here.

All i use is Dan's BP in the morning and Green Cream at night. I don't even use any cleanser or moisturizer. I just wash with warm water before applying product. It's winter now (im in wisconsin) and still my skin does not get dry or peel. For me it's turned out to be the perfect combo.

I went from mild back to moderate acne, with huge cysts which were making me miserable. It really wasn't for me! Good you persevered and go there in the end!