Notifications
Clear all

High levels of Prolactin causes acne

MemberMember
(@lool_101)

Posted : 12/02/2009 1:02 pm

Masturbation/ sex affects Dopamine levels. During orgasm we loss Dopamine levels. Dopamine is main inhibitor of Prolactin. Loss of dopamine raises levels of Prolactin . (Serotonin helps that too). Prolactin increases production of enzyme 5 alpha reductase, this causes Testosterone to DHT convesation. DHT causes acne.

Maybe Dopamine is solution for high levels of DHT?

Or how can we reduce Prolactin levels?

MemberMember
(@bryan)

Posted : 12/02/2009 2:28 pm

Prolactin increases production of enzyme 5 alpha reductase, this causes Testosterone to DHT convesation. DHT causes acne.

How do you explain that study three or four years ago which found no effect on acne by Merck's experimental 5a-reductase type 1 inhibitor drug?

MemberMember
(@lool_101)

Posted : 12/03/2009 7:26 am

Prolactin increases production of enzyme 5 alpha reductase, this causes Testosterone to DHT convesation. DHT causes acne.

How do you explain that study three or four years ago which found no effect on acne by Merck's experimental 5a-reductase type 1 inhibitor drug?

5 alpha reductase converts testosterone to more potent DHT, which is 6 times worse for acne than testosterone. Prolactin stimulates testicular 5 alpha reductase production. there is not only type 1 there is type 2 too : D

MemberMember
(@bryan)

Posted : 12/03/2009 1:56 pm

5 alpha reductase converts testosterone to more potent DHT, which is 6 times worse for acne than testosterone. Prolactin stimulates testicular 5 alpha reductase production. there is not only type 1 there is type 2 too : D

But the type 1 enzyme is the one inside sebaceous glands!! And finasteride (a type 2 inhibitor) has previously been shown not to have any effect on sebum production. So once again I ask you: how do you explain those experimental findings? :)

MemberMember
(@lool_101)

Posted : 12/03/2009 3:20 pm

bryan said:
lool_101 said:

But the type 1 enzyme is the one inside sebaceous glands!! And finasteride (a type 2 inhibitor) has previously been shown not to have any effect on sebum production. So once again I ask you: how do you explain those experimental findings? :)

Can you give me sources?

dont say that blood DHT doesnt increases sebum production

Sebum production is under the control of sex hormones (androgens). The most active androgens are testosterone, 5-testosterone (DHT) and 5-androstene-317diol. These hormones and others are made by the sex glands (ovary in females, testis in males) and by the adrenal gland. These glands are in turn under the influence of the pituitary gland, located in the brain.

Androgens are made more active by enzymes in the skin and sexual organs. Type 1 5- reductase acts in the skin and Type II 5- reductase acts in the sexual organs. These enzymes convert less active androgens into the active testosterone and 5-testosterone (DHT). These more active androgens stimulate sebaceous gland cells to produce more sebum.

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@bryan)

Posted : 12/03/2009 7:25 pm

Can you give me sources?

You want sources for which specific claims that I made?

dont say that blood DHT doesnt increases sebum production

But I _will_ say that, because I think it's the truth! :)

Experiments have been done with both animals and humans, showing that purely topical 5a-reductase inhibitors (ones without any systemic effect) can reduce local sebum production. That clearly shows that serum DHT must not be much of a factor; otherwise, the topical inhibitor obviously wouldn't have had much of an effect.

MemberMember
(@heehee3)

Posted : 12/04/2009 9:59 pm

acne is not only caused by this

MemberMember
(@laipt)

Posted : 12/11/2009 4:21 am

Why get so complicated and reduce Prolactin or increase dopamine?

When we can just directly reduce 5-Alpha Reductase thereby reducing DHT??

I know they've done this for reducing baldness and prostate glands enlargement in some patients..but has any studies been done in relation to sebum production??

If yes, post it! :)

MemberMember
(@enlightened)

Posted : 12/03/2010 10:02 pm

Bromocriptine is said to lower prolactin levels and i heard might currently be in trials for treatment of acne. Vitex/Agnus Cactus also reduces prolactin levels. But if higher levels of prolactin result in Acne why does my skin clear up while I'm breastfeeding? Confusing :-(

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 11/25/2012 3:00 am

Masturbation/ sex affects Dopamine levels. During orgasm we loss Dopamine levels. Dopamine is main inhibitor of Prolactin. Loss of dopamine raises levels of Prolactin . (Serotonin helps that too). Prolactin increases production of enzyme 5 alpha reductase, this causes Testosterone to DHT convesation. DHT causes acne.

Maybe Dopamine is solution for high levels of DHT?

Or how can we reduce Prolactin levels?

yo yo yo wat up dog? you are right. and i have found the answer. Primrose oil. that stuff stops dht from being produced. the main ingredient is linoleic acid. Frikin linoleic acid has already been used in many acne studies and has worked. the fuckers from the pharmacies wont admit it cause they cant sell it. look it up dog. and good job making the conneciton. 3 years later you are justified and were right the whole time!

MemberMember
(@mikito)

Posted : 12/04/2012 8:46 am

I have just seen this post, and I have thougth, what a coincidence, last month I went to the doctor, and I was told that the test showed that I have high levels of prolactine. I didn't know what did means, and the doctors asked me if I was pregnant, and I said I am sure not.

I have never thought that it could has something to do with acne, but after this post I wonder if this could be a clue. I am 43 years female,suffering cistic acne, and nothing worked for me.