Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonima

Tretinoin Cream and Rolling Scars

I have been off of a successful Accutane trial now for about 2 months now. I have some pimples now- only a few- and oily skin. But hey, no more cystic acne!

Anyway, I am left with the results: rolling scars and some ice pick scars. They are relatively insignificant, but significant comparable to unblemished skin.

Will Tretinoin Cream, USP 0.1% have any effect on my skin? I have been using it for a couple of weeks now, but I have seen no major differences yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, are you allowed to apply Tretinoin? I thought people who did accutane treatment weren't supposed to use things like that because of the thinning of their skin. I heard they're supposed to wait 6 months after the end of their accutane treatment to do anything like laser treatments, chemical peels, applying creams like retin-a, etc.

So anyways, I don't suffer from scars (only hyperpigmentation) but I doubt the creams work for deep scars or even moderate scars. Though, they might work for superficial scars. In my opinion, you should just wait 4 more months until its been 6 months and go for chemical peels, laser treatments, or dermaroller. I don't recommend doing chemical peels at home, even though they seem cheap and easy to do, it's better to let the professionals do it. I regret doing peels at home and currently paying for my actions.

As for red marks, personally, no matter what I do, they just stay red. Eventually they turn into hyperpigmentations (I'm Asian so I'm prone to getting hyperpigmentation). So, most of the time, I just wait until they turn into hyperpigmentation and treat them that way. However, I do use Sudocrem, it's for diaper rash but it's amazing at killing blemishes and healing them as well. So in a way they do help with red spots because it heals them very quickly. Hopefully, this helped good luck!

Edited by steve.n