Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isamurai

What is the top rated acne product in acne.org?

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but the actual products used in the acne.org regimen are nothing special. What's most important is how you use them. If you're using them exactly as you should be, the regimen is amazing. One thing I would say is that a lot of people have the most issues with the acne.org moisturizer being too thin so they'll switch that out, but in general the products are gentle, simple, and most importantly, effective when used correctly. I wouldn't say any are "top rated" because they need to all be used and all play a part in the regimen.

Hope I helped!

Yes, you are correct, the components of the regimen can be substituted with other products. As a matter of fact, there is an area here that will suggest some alternatives. (That is the beauty of *this* board and quite telling regarding Dan's motives.) Dan's products were particularly developed to incorporate the good parts of those products while discarding the bad AND to do so in the most cost effective manner possible. A large part of the success of the Regimen is the actual regimen itself, but that is not the only factor. You have to use products that are made without extra irritants, from quality materials and it has to be affordable. You can't use what you can't afford.

BUT, as you can see - not everyone is the same and most people find that they tweak or customise the basic regimen according to their needs.

IfI had to pick just one product to buy, it'd be the BP, particularly because of the cost effectiveness. I use it just to spot treat, but I have two teenagers that use it daily. I think it's the best BP available and very reasonably priced.

I have to disagree with the opinion that the moisturiser is "too thin". I switched to it after using Clinique for decades. I think that some folks experience a more significant dryness than others and may need "extra" moisturising. That's also variable by the individual.