Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
max powers

Questions about sugar.

What sugars are found in fruits, and what sugars predominately set off candida growth?

You'd be better off staying away from it since sugar contains simple carbs and isn't necessary for bodybuilding. If you need energy, stick with complex carbs: oatmeal, potatoes, and the few carbs in vegetables. The only fruit I eat anymore is bananas because they have a crap load of potassium. Sugar also rots your teeth.

Fruit sugar is typically fructose.

It's my understanding that candida feeds off of any sugar, including things that can convert to sugar like carbs (glucose).

Yes, bananas are loaded with potassium but they are also loaded with sugar. The average banana has about 21 grams of sugar.

Stevia is a natural herb sweetner that has no sugar, calories or carbs. Stevia is safe for candida. I hear Xylitol is safe for candida too.

What sugars are found in fruits, and what sugars predominately set off candida growth?

The sugars found in fruits are primarily fructose, but ANY type of sugar will feed candida. Even carbohydrates like starchy vegetables/grains are converted to sugar in the bloodstream, and thus also feed candida.