Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tha Caveman

Can this mess be fixed?

Can a chemical peel or something of the sort help fix this to make it look better?

>.<

I don't really get acne that much anymore but I've still got the scars.

post-117281-1259693453_thumb.jpg

post-117281-1259693453_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply dude.

I seriously can't stand them up close, but in that picture it's mainly the lighting. That's my face in the worst possible way.

I was thinking about doing chemical peels, and I just want to make sure everything goes right! Are the results usually permanent?

And I'd do the dermaroller, honestly anything beneficial at this point. I'll be in college next fall, and I want to look good for teh ladies ; P

I'd say the red will disappear within a few years as scars always lighten.

There are professional treatments for scarring. Don't do them at home. Don't use strong peels at home. I did this and now regret it.

There is a way for the very top layer of skin to be burned off by a laser every 6 months, forcing the tissue to regrow and heal. After several treatments, the scars lay flatter and are a lot less visible. They use this treatment on severe burn victims... who have massive scarring.

Edited by Dotty1

Erm not to be a bummer but that is definitely not the WORST lighting at all. Trust me I have loads of experience in scrutinizing my scars.

The good thing is that your scars are not very deep, although you seem to have quite a number of them. I believe lasers are possibly the best treatment for you right now. Just don't expect miracles and keep your expectations realistic.

I would start with TCA peels.

Your skin seems like the type that once redness is gone, is good. Altought this light doesnt help very much

best wishes :D

Never done accutane. I've only ever been on differin/duac for a year but I'm off now.

Acne is gone but the scars from the initial breakout still haunt me >.<

should I do chemical peels or lasers?

And by the way I want to thank you guys for the support.

It really does mean alot.

These scars annoy the hell out of me but I hope I can sort all this out!

Kinda depends on your budget. Lasers are more expensive than chemical peels. Peels are generally in the hundreds but lasers can easily go over a thousand, depending on which laser and how many sessions you book.

Another impt consideration is the downtime you can afford. Laser requires longer downtime than peels. You may need up to 10 days to fully recover from the redness from laser, while the downtime for peels is generally less than a week.

I cannot stress how impt it is to keep your expectations realistic. Your scars aren't going to disappear anytime soon. In fact it may take months to see improvement even after treatments. Also, improvement vary from person to person. Some may see drastic improvement, others not so much.

I will be frank with you. Your scars are indented. Peels may work to a certain extent. Having never done peels before I am really in no position to comment. But I believe lasers generally give better results for your type of scarring.

Perhaps it will be better for you to look through some of the peels threads here and consult a plastic surgeon before making your decision. The doctor is in the best position to offer advice compared to us unqualified ppl.

Thank you so much man

I'm calling my derm tomorrow to get this figured out.

Maybe I'm thinkin peels would be best but maybe he would know better

I just want to get these scars over with.. it's hell.

on the bright side, college is the best time of your life (or one of, at least) so you should be stoked ;]

browse the forums and good luck.

i know right! i'm so excited for it but i don't want to be holding back on anything because of dumb scars.

praying that something works for me.

ah man as if acne isn't bad enough, people get slammed with scars that are hard to remove.. such bs.

i know right! i'm so excited for it but i don't want to be holding back on anything because of dumb scars.

praying that something works for me.

ah man as if acne isn't bad enough, people get slammed with scars that are hard to remove.. such bs.

I need to correct you hear. You don't ever 'remove' scars. It is almost impossible theoretically to even significantly reduce the appearance of deep rolling scars. Trust me, after 10 years and having done it all- lasers, dermabrasion, excisions, fillers, you name it, and my scars don't look any better. Also, if you have stubborn acne, that never goes away either and continues to leave new depressed scars. You really can't fight genes.

I sincerely doubt you've "done it all" and even if you have, just because something didn't work for you, doesn't mean it won't for someone else. Quit being so negative.