Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krissss

Dried blood underneath. I had an acne facial.. How can I help my skin heal?

I have had an acne facial recently. That consisted of my esthetician masking and popping my obvious zits so that all the pus and nasty stuff came out. It seemed to have help so far, but it makes my face look terrible. Big open pores that are supposed to heal and tighten but I'm not sure what I should do next. The popping of the pimples also lead to bleeding and I don't know how to get rid of the dark marks. HELP!

Edited by Krissss

Where did you go for your facial? Not all estheticians are experienced at treating acne, so you have to be careful. My esthetician has been treating acne for around 20 yrs (and owns an acne clinic) and is really good at it, so I know that well-trained estheticians can really help.

How long ago did you get your facial? It will take time for the extracted areas to heal and for the redness to go away (just like it takes any red marks left over from a pimple time to fade). You might try applying ice to any areas that are inflamed or red. Use the ice after you wash your face in the morning or evening.

Do you have mostly inflamed or noninflamed acne?