Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cadell

Cyclins' in the long run just DONT work.

Just to let people know antibiotics like the 'Cyclin family to help rid acne dosn't work in the long run. Being an antibiotic EVERYBODY becomes immune to it eventually, be it 2 month or 4 months. Also, don't expect major changes in your spots, they usually become smaller and less frequent, however, the more you take them, the quicker your body builds an immunity to them and stops working entierly, I know, i've done it all before and now on Roaccutane/Accutane/Isotetrinoin/Clavaris whatever generic brand name you'd like to call it, which will no doubt put an end to mine D:.

Not true at all.......everyone responds differently to antibiotics. Some people never become resistant and some only become resistant to certain ones.....and the "cyclin" family, as you refer to it, is no different than any other family of antibiotics. There are other antibiotics that are better for acne though and make better use of targeting the bacteria on the surface of the skin. But everyone will respond differently.

I don't understand how people who STILL have skin problems continue to promote the use of antibiotics to treat acne. I just don't understand it at all. They are either deluded or work for/own shares in pharmaceutical companies.

I've been on accutane twice and the acne STILL came back. I'm on my second cycle of bactrim, with the first being very successful until 4 months after I stopped taking it. I never experienced becoming resistant to it while I was on it-which was over a year. For the first 6 months I took it 2x a day. Then to one a day, every other day, until I took it only once a week. I was still clear until I stopped taking it at all-I thought I was cured. I don't know if it will work as well this time around but my derm says it should. We shall see...