Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK, so its been nearly two years now since I have had bad skin.

Im 30 years old, female.

I was one of them lucky bastards who always had clear spot free skin..

Then all of a sudden BAM! I literally woke up one morning at 28 years old and I had a cluster of spots on my chin which slowly spread over to my cheeks, and have now decided to take up permanent residence on the lower part of my face.

My doctor sent me for hormonal tests which all came back clear,

I had a poly-cystic ultra scan which came back clear,

I haven't changed or altered my diet in any way, the only thing which has changed is I have given up smoking, (Roughly at the same time I started to break out).

I used to take a load of supplements which had no effect.

I gave up.. caffeine, dairy, sugar, wheat etc etc for a while which had no effect

went on probiotics for a few weeks which had a little effect but its no cure

Did an anti candida diet - what a load of shit

drank loads of water

Apple cider vinegar

changed my make up to bare minerals

and tried all creams, potions and lotions inc BP, tea tree, saylic acid, aha EVERYTHING!

So I have come to the conclusion that I am going to eat what ever the fuck I want as it has no effect...Im going for a large Mocha with extra cream on the top, with a white slice toasted cheese sandwich dripping in butter, and maybe a packet of starbursts to eat on the way home from work followed by a cigarette...

At 30 it is cruel to have acne, at any age it is cruel to have acne, but if nothing is working then I am going to have to accept it.

Out of all of my friends and family I am the only one to develop acne, they all have crystal clear skin and they look at me like I have stopped washing or something, but I say Fuck it, its not like I haven't tried to do anything about it, but if I stop to think about it for too long I dont think of anything else and life is too short.

If theres anyone out there who has tried anything new that has worked please let me know, I think that I have tried near enough everything and I am sick of it now.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas...I am asking santa to bring me a cure this xmas.

Lots of love.

OK, so its been nearly two years now since I have had bad skin.

Im 30 years old, female.

I was one of them lucky bastards who always had clear spot free skin..

Then all of a sudden BAM! I literally woke up one morning at 28 years old and I had a cluster of spots on my chin which slowly spread over to my cheeks, and have now decided to take up permanent residence on the lower part of my face.

My doctor sent me for hormonal tests which all came back clear,

I had a poly-cystic ultra scan which came back clear,

I haven't changed or altered my diet in any way, the only thing which has changed is I have given up smoking, (Roughly at the same time I started to break out).

I used to take a load of supplements which had no effect.

I gave up.. caffeine, dairy, sugar, wheat etc etc for a while which had no effect

went on probiotics for a few weeks which had a little effect but its no cure

Did an anti candida diet - what a load of shit

drank loads of water

Apple cider vinegar

changed my make up to bare minerals

and tried all creams, potions and lotions inc BP, tea tree, saylic acid, aha EVERYTHING!

So I have come to the conclusion that I am going to eat what ever the fuck I want as it has no effect...Im going for a large Mocha with extra cream on the top, with a white slice toasted cheese sandwich dripping in butter, and maybe a packet of starbursts to eat on the way home from work followed by a cigarette...

At 30 it is cruel to have acne, at any age it is cruel to have acne, but if nothing is working then I am going to have to accept it.

Out of all of my friends and family I am the only one to develop acne, they all have crystal clear skin and they look at me like I have stopped washing or something, but I say Fuck it, its not like I haven't tried to do anything about it, but if I stop to think about it for too long I dont think of anything else and life is too short.

If theres anyone out there who has tried anything new that has worked please let me know, I think that I have tried near enough everything and I am sick of it now.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas...I am asking santa to bring me a cure this xmas.

Lots of love.

I wish i had your spirits in saying wtfe acne lol, but i too woke up one day shortly after turning 28 years old and had acne all over my chin, 29 now. I have been trying to take care of it ever since and it has spread to my upper cheeks under eyes, but it is never as bad as the couple of cysts i get on chin every couple of weeks.

I tried the whole diet thing too and i still got the same shit, so right now i am saying fuck diet as well with the exception of still avoiding dairy. Besides i developed a low weight problem with it too, so i am trying to gain weight back. I know all the holistic diet members here dont understand how u can lose weight, but its easy quite frankly when u dont have the time nor money to eat throughout the day all these low calorie meals. Eating healthy and avoiding all these trigger foods means a lot less calories. Anywayz i hope you find your cure soon, dont give up, i cant believe im this old dealing with this shit either, i miss being clear so much like i use to always be.

Take some extra vitamin a 10,000 - 20,000 IU a day for about a month see if that helps and dont stop putting on acne creams at night. One will work or slow down bumps check out your dermatologist. Something is always better then nothing on your face at night.

Hey, Thanks JayQ - I cant believe that I am dealing with this crap in my age also! I woke up with two new cysts this morning...Lovely!

I am also a tad under weight, I had a BioSignature fat assessment carried out a few months ago (Basically measures how much fat you have on your body) as part of my fitness routine, and my fat % was 13!! An average measurement for healthy female is 18% so I too had to start eating whatever again... Like it made a difference anyway!

Liquids: Thank you also, I am at the point where I will try anything, I haven't just taken Vit A, but I have written down the same one as you take, and I will get some over the weekend (I just hope it is sold in the UK). Fingers crossed!

I found that from all the lotions and creams I've used, the Clearasil on the spot works best for me if I use at night.. I am too apprehensive to use anything else, for example, I used tea tree oil once before bedtime and in the morning my face looked like a piece of bubble wrap plastic!