Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forsaken

My way of life now that I have Acne Scars.

heh, you have absolutely no idea the things i've went through. As a matter of fact, I dealt with suicidal thoughts UNRELEATED to skin issues for 4 months this past year. But in my case, it was unintentional. It was due to an antidepressant but that's a whole other story. When you're that close to dying, you realize how precious life is. I guess it makes me mad because these people don't even appreciate it or know what they're doing and how serious it is. They have blinders on...they're not seeing the big picture. So I guess I'll apologize...these suicide posts are bringing up a lot of thoughts I'd have rather forgotten and I took it out on them. Sorry.

All I have to say to you, is get over it, and be patient. You aren't the only friggin person in this world in that situation. So if others can survive, I'm sure you can. So cut the crap and start believing that your scars WILL go away, and stop being so damn negative! Sorry I know that sounds really harsh, but I'm tired of hearing people give up so easy! It's so sad hearing things like this, because we all want you to succeed and be happy, and enjoy life as much as you can because you are only given a short time to live out what your mission in life was to be, when you were born onto this Earth! So don't give up and keep going, never look back, cause you can do, no, you WILL do it, despite all circumstances. I hope you are blessed by this post, and are inspired by many words given by all of us on this board.

Yeah, but hurt dogs survive with broken legs and stuff but their owners shoot them....It's about wheather you believe the animal should live in pain or be killed to end the suffering. and I don't trap myself all the time. I'm constantly trying to improve my body, I go to the gym every other day to try to bulk up just incase my scarring does go away I'll have a sexy bod too. I often wish of perfection and when I can't get it I say "Why the fuck do I even bother".I want to wake up one day and look in the mirror and see myself without needing any improvement. You guys are all great people though, and I hope you all are happy or find happiness.

It's ok. Acne and Acne scarring aren't the only bad things that have happen in my life. February my lung collapsed spontaniously, talk about wierd. It's very rare for that to happen to anyone but it did to me. I never smoked in my life either. My mom smokes like a pack of cigarettes a day though and she has never had any lung problems. I just wish I could be more in control of myself physically

Forsaken,

Acne red marks will go away with time. You have so much to live for. Look around at the family who loves you, the friends who adore you and the people on this board who are willing ot take time out to post things to you.

Lung Collapsing. My friend's lung collapsed. It kept him out of school for awhile but once he got better, he got right back into what he was doing.

You're not alone in how you feel. We've all been there and we all got through it, so will you.

I understand that this is a heated topic, but arguing is not welcome here. The scar board is meant for support and encouragement of people who are suffering from acne scarring. We had someone on this board that did commit suicide. Telling people to go ahead and do it is not the solution here.

Most of us here have suffered from acne and some of us here have acne scarring. Acne and acne scarring are difficult to experience, but it is not impossible to deal with. First things first, you need to get your acne under control, and you are doing that with Accutane. Once you've come off Accutane, you will need to wait six months to a year before treating your scarring. I know this is difficult: I have moderate to severe scarring myself. Life is difficult and it throws us many punches, but we have to persevere as best as we can. Yes, we live in a world with many people that are hung up on appearance, but not everyone is like that. In fact, people who do not accept you because of your imperfections are not worth your time and energy - trust me on this one, because I have experienced it.

You can still have a full life. Who wants a "normal" life??? I want my life to be interesting and full of love and experience. I want a life filled with art, music and the beauty of people who are real. There is so much more to life than being a beautiful face, or a normal face. What some see as imperfection is really a way for you to filter out those who are unworthy of your time. Please hold on. Please call a suicide prevention line as soon as possible. Feel free to PM me if you need to chat. You are worth it. There is a reason you are here on this planet, and it is more than suffering. Life is waiting for you.

Yeah, but hurt dogs survive with broken legs and stuff but their owners shoot them....It's about wheather you believe the animal should live in pain or be killed to end the suffering. and I don't trap myself all the time. I'm constantly trying to improve my body, I go to the gym every other day to try to bulk up just incase my scarring does go away I'll have a sexy bod too. I often wish of perfection and when I can't get it I say "Why the fuck do I even bother".I want to wake up one day and look in the mirror and see myself without needing any improvement. You guys are all great people though, and I hope you all are happy or find happiness.

Tai - We edited some posts that had some sensitive items in them. I don't recall exactly why yours was edited because so many were. This has been a very heated subject and we'd like to keep things as positive as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

*edited*

If you don't like it you should just not read it or ignore it. I think you're just mad because you were going to give one of those "think about you dumb family speeches". And rotting in a coffin.... ok It would better because 1. I'm not alive with acne, 2. I can't feel pain. So then just kill yourself you say? Do you know how hard it is. I have to wait till the perfect time silly nilly. I can't hang myself because it takes too long, I can't slit my wrists or neck because it would hurt too much, a shot to the head would be very quick.. not enough time to actually feel that much pain. Your posts don't really mean anything.......

I think about killing myself too cuz of acne scars too but their are way to get rid of acne and Acne Scars. I know it's going to be hard but if you give up then you will never get rid of it. I know it's going to be hard but try not to think about it and keep your skin clean, cuz when you do you stress which will cuase more acne breakout, to help you deal with stress take vitamin B and to help your skin take vitamin A and Vitamin K will have you heal scars too. Plz don't give up their is hope out there.

I truly can't express enough how important it is to seek help if you are really comtimplating suicide over ANYTHING, Acne or otherwise. Life is too precious and we all have our own special gift to give to the universe!

Aurelia

Tin

I think about killing myself too cuz of acne scars too but their are way to get rid of acne and Acne Scars. I know it's going to be hard but if you give up then you will never get rid of it. I know it's going to be hard but try not to think about it and keep your skin clean, cuz when you do you stress which will cuase more acne breakout, to help you deal with stress take vitamin B and to help your skin take vitamin A and Vitamin K will have you heal scars too. Plz don't give up their is hope out there.

Tin

I take accutane witch I believe has a high amount of the chemical in Vitamin A and the directions say that I'm not supposed to take any supplements containing Vitamin A.

I'm sorry it is just that I know now that I have acne and scarring, I could never live a normal life. My confidence and self esteem has been lowered to nothing. I have been planning a life of solitude for some time now. I have to protect myself from every way to fail and by doing so I also protect myself from ever succeeding. I feel like every encounter with a group of people is another time where they got to look at me and think "Oh well it's good that I don't have acne" or " I don't know what I would do if I had acne scars". I often feel like acne and scarring is punishment from god or maybe he's trying to teach me something in life I don't know what I did. If I could justwake up tommarow morning with out acne and scarring ever again I would work for free, and help old ladies accross the street and go to church every week. But that is never going to happen, all I have left to do is wait to die.

Hi forsaken,

My brother killed himself when he was 23, and I was 24. I am now 28. I am still suffering from his death.

I thought back then that he knew what he was doing as he was very wise and mature for his age. Now, I do not think the same way. He needed help for depression and he needed to see a counsellor because he did not talk to anyone about his problems!

At 18 you are way too young to contemplate doing this to yourself.

You are going through a hard time in your life at present but it WILL get better if you let it get better! And you are from taking this accutane stuff.

This accutane stuff from what I’ve read on the forum sounds great. Keep up with this, (it’s only early days yet) and try and focus your thoughts on positive things you like to do and go out and do them other than thinking about your acne/scarring 24/7.

I have scarring all over my face, red bumps, superficial ones etc which I detest so much. It makes me feel very self conscious but I still enjoy life and I refuse to let my physical ailments bring me down to such a low despair.

I hope you will hang in there with your treatment.

Your skin and face are still soo young. But what I can say to you, don’t pick or let your hands touch your face to much other. This is what I did for years and as a result I have bloody scars everywhere. Heehee. I hope things work out for you….

And having found this forum is fabulous. Wish I had this when I was growing up. I just got onto the intenet the last couple of weeks and am just so excited….

how bad are your acne scars? photos? let us give you suggestions on what can be done... that's why this forum is here.

there's plenty of information on this site

Wow, I feel for you Forsaken. If I were me a few years back, I would've probably have said the same thing. I so wanted to end my life so much, I felt like I was trapped in my own skin. I got so close to attempting something, and nobody seemed to care or understand what I was going through.

However -

If you die, you've basically given yourself no chance of ever healing your scars. While you are alive, living and breathing, you *can* do something about it. It may take time, but think about it this way, when you come to feel comfortable about yourself, you will be a wiser, more caring person because you have suffered. We all suffer from crap skin here, so we all know how you feel. But it will make you into a better, deeper and in the end more interesting person because damn it, you've gone to the brink and back. You'll want to live life instead.

My advice for you right now is, goto your GP and tell them you are depressed, tell them how you feel. Don't be afraid of doing this. If you're not afraid of dying, then going to the docs and telling them how you feel is nothing. If your GP isn't being very helpful, be forceful, ask for help. If they still don't do anything, change your GP. My GP told me to "live with it" originally, but I told him I wanted some counselling, and he gave it me. I also got him to book me into the skin hospital as well. smile.gif

I know it's hard to see the other side when you're down, but don't give up your chance of having a life by throwing it away.

Hey forsaken. I know about the hardest of times. I got bad scars too, Ive lost more family and friends in tragic deaths then you got fingers. And I'm in my mid 20's. You couldn't possably feel any lower then the low points I hit some days. Thats why my board name is born under a bad sign, cause like Mr. Albert King says, my whole life has been one big fight. And you know what, its always going to be. People like yourself and myself at a time in my life thought why me, lifes supposed to be better then this. But you know what, says who? I got delt some real bad breaks in my life. Ive thought how killing myself would be the only solution. Its not, you just got to keep on fighting. Every second of every day for me is a fight, I dont want to get out of bed. Scars have ruined my confidence, self esteem and any other feelings of good you could feel about yourself I have lost. Some of which are gone forever. Like I said, I still feel as shity today as I did even years ago, and its a constant fight. Its a struggle. I drink alot of booze. I understand your anger, I have learned anger dont fix anything. I work everyday at being a better person and to not let my scars make me a bitter person even though I am angry and bitter. but a man shouldn't let it show if he can help it. Life for me is one problem after another, always has been and I cant see why it wont always be this way. But I will just keep fighting and trying to help my scars improve as well as other problems. Some days I feel like I cant fight anymore and its over, is it always going to be this bad for me. I feel so low its not funny. Some how though I make it through another day. I dont know how its all going to play out for me, one of the hardest things is not knowing if a year from now I wont be able to move because I'm so depressed, its a scarry thing to think I will have to live life always feeling this down and out. So my fight is to try and make it better, maybe a year from now I hope I can look back and say, things have improved, I'll see some rewards from not giving up. You got a tough break, I understand how hard it gets and is. I have found somethings in my life worth fighting for, worth living for. I hope you can too. Things can get better if you really want to fight to make them better. You can do it.

You are young and you still have hope. You have accutane and this board to help you with options on fixing the scars. I rarely meet anyone who liked high school and alot of people will suffer thru something in life but make it to the other side and be pretty happy they didn't kill themselves. You have hope but you just really need faith. Faith is believing in what you can't see, which is you will get better. God likes to require this of people and you probably won't get better till you develop it, so start now :smile:

Most of my scars are on my cheeks and are noticable there are a lot of little scars on the rest of my face that I don't mind so much. The deeper scars on my cheeks look pretty bad. Whenever I go into the bathroom to wash my hands or brush my teeth, I either leave the light off or move the sliding mirror aside so that I don't have to see myself. I don't really have any acne or scarring on my forhead but I would rather have scarring there then on my face...Oh yeah and it seems like one side of my face looks worse then the other, I thought this might be because I was sleeping on that side so now I sleep on my back.

As sad and undesirable as it may be, suicide is a fact of life. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it if the person is sincerely suffering and can see no way out. I don't think it's a selfish act unless you have children who are depending on you to take care of them.

That said, I don't really think acne scars are a viable reason for suicide. There are plenty of treatment options and chances are they can be reduced significantly, if not removed entirely, even if it costs several thousand dollars. And in any case, suicide isn't a decision anyone should ever rush into. You should hold off on it for as long as possible and try to consider things clearly.

I'm 19 and I've been suicidal for years and still am. There have been several occasions where I've planned to take my life, and even prepared everything for it, but literally ended up backing out of it at the last minute. It's difficult living on the edge like this, and I still don't know if or when I'll do it. At this point I still think I'll end up hanging myself sometime in the future, but I don't know how many days or years away that will be, or whether I'll do it at all. Most importantly you just have to keep struggling through, and only give up when you absolutely know you can't take anymore.

I recommend avoiding anti-depressant drugs. I've tried Zoloft and Effexor and both made me feel worse, and caused me to randomly fall asleep during the day and wake up feeling like shit. I wouldn't recommend talk therapy either. Though it wasn't damaging like the drugs, it wasn't particularly helpful and I felt like I was just going around in circles. And though it may sound pathetic, the only thing I've ever really taken comfort in when suicidal is sitting alone and listening to Nine Inch Nails. I recommend listening to The Downward Spiral, it really speaks to you when you're depressed.

bornunderabadsign and most of the people here are giving very good advices. Indeed, we all here care about our skin and we want to look beautiful. Of course skin is not everything and having a skin with problems, I think, is probably one the less important problems in life. There are much more important challenges in life. Be a fighter like bornunderabadsign and try not to think about suicides, because a suicide is the most stupid thing that somebody can do. I believe that not even God could forgive you for doing such a stupid thing. And besides acne and acne scarring are treatable. Try to picture all these people with cancer or aids or severely disabled or those with no money to eat etc and their life and you'll see why I am suggesting that skin problems are not that important in the end.