Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I was at the PCOS forum since everything is so interrelated and one of the remedies besides cinnamon was to drink 2tablespoons of vinegar with a cup of water. I swear, my oil production literally went down 90% within the few hours it takes for it to appear. And to be sure, i tried it again after a hot shower(which is a nono if you got sebum) and results were the same. try it!

But from studies, cinnamon should yield better results. I started taking 2tbs of cinnamon powder a day. Will update in a week to see if any progress has been made.

Edited by soosyv

Well, I was at the PCOS forum since everything is so interrelated and one of the remedies besides cinnamon was to drink 2tablespoons of vinegar with a cup of water. I swear, my oil production literally went down 90% within the few hours it takes for it to appear.

Any ideas on why vinegar would have such an alleged effect?

But from studies, cinnamon should yield better results. I started taking 2tbs of cinnamon powder a day. Will update in a week to see if any progress has been made.

I know a woman with diabetes who has tried a great many natural supplements, including cinnamon. She says the cinnamon worked well to control her blood sugar for a while, but then the effect wore off, so she stopped using it. I still don't have any idea why vinegar would (supposedly) affect your sebum production, but as for an aid for helping to control your blood sugar, I'd expect vinegar to be more effective, and more consistent, than cinnamon.

the effect may have worn off because the body got used to it. Created a tolerence for it. Maybe its best if you try to switch between regimens. like 2weeks one thing then 2 weeks other or maybe a month-month

Yes, I'm sticking with exercise and controlling the amount of sugar/carb content being consumed. Quick fixes are fun, but I personally hate it. I just can't control my curiosity. doh

the effect may have worn off because the body got used to it. Created a tolerence for it.

Sure, but I'd expect that to be far less likely to happen with vinegar than with cinnamon. The acetic acid in vinegar blocks a digestive enzyme right there in the stomach, as soon as you take the vinegar with a carbohydrate that you've eaten.

Well, I was at the PCOS forum since everything is so interrelated and one of the remedies besides cinnamon was to drink 2tablespoons of vinegar with a cup of water. I swear, my oil production literally went down 90% within the few hours it takes for it to appear.

By the way: I know I'm probably just wasting my time suggesting this, but you should really test that claim scientifically with Sebutape test-strips. Post the results here for all of us to see!

where is the fun in that :D

The fun is in PROVING CONCLUSIVELY what you've seen (or simply think you've seen).

I heward apple cider vinegar was good. A few drops of it to a full galss of water. Just dont drink milk around the same time. No comment lol

I heward apple cider vinegar was good. A few drops of it to a full galss of water.

The dose of vinegar used in that famous test in the journal Diabetes was 30 grams, if I remember correctly. I don't think that "a few drops" is going to have much effect.